Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

two guitars on firehawk?

dezon62

Hi!

I wonder if I can use two guitars on a firehawk and in the patch decide witch one I want to use. One is a regular guitar in the "normal" input and the other one is a variax in the variax input. I know that I can do that with pod 500x, and before i buy one of them I want to know. I downloaded the remote to check but couldn't find a set for that.

I believe that both inputs are just active at all times. It's not like the HD500X where you can select different inputs for each patch. But if you want to have a guitar connected to the 1/4" in and Variax connected at the same time, it shouldn't be a problem.

Thank's for the reply.

Is it a believe or is it a fact?

So I have turn down the volume on the guitar before putting it down then.

POD500X has 3 inputs. Can I use all 3? Ex. a accoustic in the xlr. A electric in the 1/4" and a Variax in variax?

Thank's for the reply.

Is it a believe or is it a fact?

So I have turn down the volume on the guitar before putting it down then.

POD500X has 3 inputs. Can I use all 3? Ex. a accoustic in the xlr. A electric in the 1/4" and a Variax in variax?

Well, I never owned the Firehawk, but looking at the app and the manual, I don't really see how it could work any differently than what I've said. There's no where to select different inputs for different tones. So, that just my interpretation of the information I have available to me right now. Also, it's how earlier Line 6 products with similar inputs worked - the XT Live, for example, worked that way.

As far as the 500X's inputs, it actually has 4 physical inputs - guitar, aux, mic, and Variax (technically, you could actually use the FX returns as inputs, too). You can assign them however you want for each patch (or you can set them globally, too). You can have guitar, aux, and variax all active at the same time if you wish. You can't have mic active with the other inputs for the same tone path, though. But, basically, you have a lot more flexibility with the 500X when it comes to inputs.

Thank you!!!

It seems like I should go for 500x. I use 2 guitars on stage. One acoustic and one electric, and I don't really happy with the idea of having both active at the same time. Won't be funny if i forget to turn down the volyme on the guitar standing behind me.

I'm really happy for the help!!!!

Now that I'm thinking about it, there is another way you could hook up two guitar to the Firehawk. If you're not using the FX loop, you could use FX return as an input. I was just looking at the app, and you can move the FX loop block so that it's early in the chain. The only drawback is that you can't put it first in the chain. It has to be after the noise gate and wah, but if you're using an acoustic, that wouldn't really matter. So you could set it up that your patches for the acoustic have FX loop on, and your other ones don't. Like I mentioned, though, that would only work if you're not using the FX loop for something else.

Do they make a reverse ABY switch? 

If so, you could use something like that to have two guitars connected to the same rig, regardless of whether it's a Firehawk or a traditional amp setup. 

Yes, it's called an ABY switch... :)

You would use the same pedal for taking two guitars into one input as you would splitting one output to go to two sources.