Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

how to change file names for downloaded patches

cvweare899

Hi,

I recently purchased patches and would like upload them into my hd500x. These patches in particular are for the hd500. I have read you just need to change the file name of the patches to upload them into the editor. I have had no luck in finding out how to change the file names. A quick tutorial would be greatly appreciated, i run windows 8 if that matters btw.

HD500 patches can be loaded into the HD500X Edit program by drag/dropping them from your computer folder/desktop into any preset slot in the Editor. There is no need to change the filename extension of HD500 patch files. Once in the Editor you can SEND them to the HD500X device.

1. changing the file name is different than changing the file extension

2. changing the file name on your pc is different than changing the file name in on your unit -- and will have different end-results. 

3. there is a file converter that can change various files into other various files. 

4. the drag and drop method works fine getting them into the pod. 

5. using the drag and drop method to take them back to the pc will also make them the proper format. 

So, the point is, there are various methods.