Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connection to Record POD HD Pro in FX Loop Amp

criszou

Hi,

Wanted to ask about connection to record POD HD Pro in fx loop amp directly.

This is my setup to record:

guitar ---> head ---> fx pedals in fx loop ---> DI box ---> audio device

---> speaker cabinet

The setup is very simple.

Now I want to get POD HD Pro, and I want to place it in my amp fx loop. How is the connection so that I can record POD HD Pro directly?

Do I still need DI box?

Can I replace my "fx pedals in fx loop" and "DI box" with POD HD Pro when I record directly?

thank you

There are plenty of ways to connect.

The first to understand is the 4 cable method. Guitar into HDPro into  FX loop send into Amp input into Amp FX send into HDPro FX return out HDPro output into amp power amp in or FX return on amp FX loop

This way you can use your amps pre amp if you want, just set the FX loop in the POD where ever you want it 

Generally after the pedals in the HDPro and before the Amp block. Put the Studio FX like delays reverbs after the Amp block.

You could now run the HDPro pedals in front of your amp pre amp, or bypass your preamp and use a HDPro amp model or two. But the FX loop will have to go after the AMp block. You can also on off the amps in the amp block.

As for DI, just run out of the HDPro your DI out and it will be a dry no FX or amp out.

If your audio device has a s/pdif you can choose wet or dry.

Also you could use one of the HDPro outputs into the audio device as well.

The HDPro also has a USB cable and can also be your audio device.