Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Engaging Tap-Tempo FX not Working

comfortstarr

I'm no longer able to get tap-tempo enabled effects to switch over to tap-tempo mode. Moving knob 1 (middle, upper row) all the way right or left fails to set the effect to tap mode; the display only shows miliseconds and never switches over to quarter notes. I've done a factory reset and have the most recent firmware. It doesn't matter which FX unit or row the effect is assigned to. The knob changes the miliseconds just fine.

Anyone seen this before?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

hey anyone still facing this issue, it just happened to my m9 all of a sudden. was working perfectly for 2 odd years of heavy use and now all of a sudden this tap tempo mode is not engaging when you turn the top middle knob all the way clockwise, AND my top row effect 1 footswitch is crapping out too! it literally needs to be kicked on. Can someone please help! I didnt know that M9's needed to be updated online etc. 

• 1 year later...

Hi! 

I have the same problem, the pot won't go to MAX level which is the only way to activate the Tap Tempo mode. 

Sucks!

Tried to roll back to previous  versions, then back to 2.04. Still not working.

I think they should release a new firmware with that bug fix!!!

• 3 months later...

same problem on my m9, but on some scenes I get the opposite, I have only the subdivisions for the tap tempo and no miliseconds. I mostly use the subdivisions , so I copied the scenes that show only subdivisions to the scenes that show only miliseconds, this glitch sometimes goes away, and then come back

• 1 year later...

I had to the same thing happen and managed to fix it myself -- it appears to most likely have been dirt built up on the pot.  I opened the unit up, disconnected the ribbons cables and removed the PCB's til I got to the user control card.  The pot looks like it's sealed, so I didn't make any attempts with contact cleaner/lubricant, but I did take a toothpick and scrape clean all around the perimeter and flat portion of the plastic moveable knob where it goes into the metal housing -- a decent bit of gunk and grime had built up here over time.  Put the cards back in, reseated the ribbon cables, and voila -- it worked correctly again.