Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

XDR95 Unit Won't Power Up Until Plug is Removed and Reinserted

I have an XDR95 mounted in a rack with other equipment. All of the equipment is powered by a Furman power conditioner.  All other equipment powers-up and works fine.

The XDR, however, does not, but with a twist...

I usually keep all the equipment turned on, then use the Furman's power switch to control the power to all devices connected to it.

However, when I turn on the Furman, the XDR does not power up.  I can only get the XDR to turn on after unplugging the power cable from the back of the unit, then plugging it back in.

A while back, I thought this was a problem with the original power supply.  I thought the cable near the jack may have been pinched and was not working correctly.

So, a few months ago I purchased a replacement power supply from Line6's store. It is the DC-1g part.  Last night, I replaced the power supply, and the same thing is happening.

It appears to be consistent and reproduceable.  If I turn on the rack, the XDR does not come on.  But, as soon as I unplug/replug the power cable, the system works.

It does not appear to be a loose connection inside the jack, because wiggling the power cord does not cause the device to shut off.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike