Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Always restarting while saving to SD Card

Slaveckiy

Hello everyone.

I need help. The problem is that Spider Jam 75W Always restarting, when i want do any thing with SD Card (Software updating, saving, formatting - everything). This is 2Gb brand (Smart Buy). Is this problem can be solved?

Thanks.

Thank you for reply! Yes, still have this problem. When i formatting the card in PC, THE FILE SYSTEM IS FAT32, but still restarting Spider Jam... When firmatting via Jam, the filesystem is FAT. So, i'll thy to find another card and maybe 1 Gb only?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everybody,

I had the same problem, until yesterday!

I bought a brand new SD-Card a few weeks ago and had the same problems (formatting okay, but every access leads to a reboot). Yesterday a friend of mine gave me an old SD-Card and with this SD-Card everything works fine.

Surprisingly it is a SD-Card from the same producer. So the both Cards look identically from the outside.

I think it is a matter of timing problems. Maybe the new cards are too fast.

HTH

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody,
I had the same problem, until yesterday!
I bought a brand new SD-Card a few weeks ago and had the same problems (formatting okay, but every access leads to a reboot). Yesterday a friend of mine gave me an old SD-Card and with this SD-Card everything works fine.
Surprisingly it is a SD-Card from the same producer. So the both Cards look identically from the outside.
I think it is a matter of timing problems. Maybe the new cards are too fast.

HTH

Could also be a bad SD card. There's always some that are bunk in a mass production.

Oh nice! I'm going to this topic for say exactly same solution!!!

And see here your answer ;-) Tanks man, thanks everybody, who asking me!

Problem is solwed. Use other brand of OLD SD Card)). For who searching, i buying my working Card here: http://www.buyincoins.com/item/1329.html#.VXHCELZdarU

Maybe it help you.

Glad you got it solved and posted a link to a working SD Card source. These issues are so annoying aren't they?

• Upvote 1

Could also be a bad SD card. There's always some that are bunk in a mass production.

Glad you got it solved and posted a link to a working SD Card source. These issues are so annoying aren't they?

Oh yeah! I think that Line6 must fix it in next software update (if hardware possible)).

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah! I think that Line6 must fix it in next software update (if hardware possible)).

That's a nice thought but I Line 6 is done with software support updates for the SJ's. It would be welcome if they did an update that added a feature or two or just improved things bit.

HI Everyone.

So im here this correct . Is to use a older SD card like under 2 gig. ?? any brand known to work? Please advise if known. thank you in advance.

I'm using the old style, blue colored, SanDisk 1 GB Card. Been using it since I got the Spider Jam with no problems.

Here's a link to the card I've been using looks like except this one is 2 gb > http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Class-Flash-Memory-SDSDB-2048-A11/dp/B0009RGLSE

Edited by Brazzy
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

FLASH MEMORY

So i found a few things.

1.) I loaded a saved recording from SD card and Crackle Sound... no more amp.

This could of been a backup of a song bank or aux panio tone. corrupt file.

Solution to this was re-flash with firmware.( correct firmware) I was at O.E.M.

Problem ,, I searched Downloads   / SPIDER JAM / FLASH MEMORY  / Windows 7  so i never saw the O.E.M.

until i changed the pull down to all OS

Version 1.04

Released 2/27/08

download and flashed fw.bin file  ..Make sure the file name is exact . ... 

• Upvote 1

• 8 years later...