1 reply to this topic

#1 Xaohxaoh

Xaohxaoh

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

Guys, I need a bit of advice, I bought a new Spider IV 30 amp about 6 months ago and I love it. I have started to play around with tones and recently added a FBV shortboard mk2.

I plugged it in and played around with the tones that are preinstalled. The "Slipknot" tone is amazing, you just have to breath on the guitar and it howls back.

Anyway, I then wanted to see how to add tones and save them myself and that is were I have got struck. I now believe that the shortboard is really designed for the Spider 75 or above otherwise I can't add user defined tones. Is this true? I'm happy to upgrade the amp but only if there is no otherway to do so. I would rather spend £50 than £150 extra if there is a cheaper alternative.

Any guidance would be graetly appreciated.

Cheers

neil \../

#2 fflbrgst

fflbrgst

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1616 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:29 AM

You can save 4 presets on the Spider IV 30 - note that saving to one of the 4 channels (A - D) will overwrite any preset already there.   Adjust the sound to what you want, then press in one of the channel buttons and hold it for a few seconds to save the patch.

The Spider IV 75 (and higher models) allow you to save up to 64 user Patches in memory.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users