36 replies to this topic

#21 pratikb

pratikb

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

cool, how does it sound along with the HD500 (especially the emulated output)?
I'm thinking about a Dual, but the DistX and the Metal are on my radar too lol

It sounds good not great with Vox or Fender tweed amp sim, but i dont have a real amp to mic it. My signal - Guitar>>Crybaby>>Blackstar>>Pod HD500>>PA. it does no justice to the Blackstar...

Emulated output sounds thin on a crappy speaker.

In India we do not have high end PA or monitors and that sucks. I still have not played it on a good speaker. No pro's in the church to help the sound

#22 jasonk931

jasonk931

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationJamestown, TN

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

The blackstar should completely rock. The patch is somewhat basic in nature. With my Tech 21 off, its still a smooth clean tone, but there is no other amp sim in the chain. The Tech 21 is in the FX loop, and everything else is normal. Uploading Patch tonite hopefully.

#23 pratikb

pratikb

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

The blackstar should completely rock. The patch is somewhat basic in nature. With my Tech 21 off, its still a smooth clean tone, but there is no other amp sim in the chain. The Tech 21 is in the FX loop, and everything else is normal. Uploading Patch tonite hopefully.

I once played the Blackstar on a Bugera tube amp, and it thought of keeping the POD aside.. how can i have the Blackstar in the FX loop?

#24 jasonk931

jasonk931

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationJamestown, TN

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:09 PM

cool, how does it sound along with the HD500 (especially the emulated output)?
I'm thinking about a Dual, but the DistX and the Metal are on my radar too lol

Sound is great through FX loop. Is the Blackstar Dist X Pedals Digital or Analog?

#25 unperfectcircle

unperfectcircle

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

It sounds good not great with Vox or Fender tweed amp sim, but i dont have a real amp to mic it. My signal - Guitar>>Crybaby>>Blackstar>>Pod HD500>>PA. it does no justice to the Blackstar...

Emulated output sounds thin on a crappy speaker.

In India we do not have high end PA or monitors and that sucks. I still have not played it on a good speaker. No pro's in the church to help the sound

I understand...unfortunately that's the main drawback of plugging directly into a PA, your tone is always linked to the quality of the system.

Regarding the DistX, d'you use just one tone out of it? I was wondering about putting it in the fx loop and then boosting or cutting the input volume before it to get different gain stages.
If this would work I could save some money and get the DistX instead of the Dual

#26 pratikb

pratikb

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:20 PM

Sound is great through FX loop. Is the Blackstar Dist X Pedals Digital or Analog?

It is Analog

#27 pratikb

pratikb

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:27 PM

Regarding the DistX, d'you use just one tone out of it? I was wondering about putting it in the fx loop and then boosting or cutting the input volume before it to get different gain stages.
If this would work I could save some money and get the DistX instead of the Dual

No... it is just one tone ot of it..but due to the ISF it goes from American metal to British Crunch...it is what they say...even the EQ's on the Blackstar are super responsive. Gain...too much of it. If you have a high gain amp, this pedal you may want to use as a boost, or for a clean amp it will growl.

have you thought of Fulltone OCD. that is what Don Felder uses.

http://guitarturf.co...rs-guitar-gear/

#28 jasonk931

jasonk931

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationJamestown, TN

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

Here's a sound bite of the patch I use with the Tech 21 with Tech 21 pedal disengaged. Im also singing on this sound bite to give a feel of the room and the tone working together. The patch by itself is still a good sounding patch IMO. Enjoy....

https://soundcloud.c...oves-short-test

#29 pratikb

pratikb

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:52 PM

Here's a sound bite of the patch I use with the Tech 21 with Tech 21 pedal disengaged. Im also singing on this sound bite to give a feel of the room and the tone working together. The patch by itself is still a good sounding patch IMO. Enjoy....

https://soundcloud.c...oves-short-test

Will definately check it once i am home from work.

I just checked your website - jasonkerr.org. Amazing to see a pastor with the mighty Gibson LES PAUL 1959 :)

#30 jasonk931

jasonk931

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationJamestown, TN

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:56 PM

Ha, yes, I love my Gibbys. I had a large collection at one time, and then I slowly began to sell many, as they were just taking up wall space and I wants guitars I will really play. I play my White LP Custom the most, by burst second, and my Fender Strat Deluxe Goldtop 3rd.

#31 jasonk931

jasonk931

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationJamestown, TN

Posted 25 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

I'm adding a new pedal to my chain this weekend. I will update with review soon. Due to my extreme joy for my new Tech 21 British pedal for my rythm and lead tones, I bit the bullet and found a killer deal on a Tech 21 Liverpool. The Brit is essentially a Marshall Amp in a pedal (ALL ANALOG< HALLELUJAH!) and the Liverpool is essentially a Vox AC30 in a pedal. Im putting the Liverpool in for my clean tones. I want the fatness in the clean section that the AC30 gives, combined with its chime. Below is my configuration, and oh, how I adore it! Cheers.

Guitar into:

1. Line 6 G30 wireless unit into:

2. Presonus V2 Tube Preamp into:

3. Tech 21 British Character Pedal into:

4. Line 6 Pod HD500 FX Loop

5. The LIVERPOOL will chain to to the British pedal, both entering Pod FX loop, as they are Tru-Bypass pedals. 

6. Screaming wonderful tone into:

7. Mine and any other ears in hearing distance! lol. 

#32 pratikb

pratikb

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

5. The LIVERPOOL will chain to to the British pedal, both entering Pod FX loop, as they are Tru-Bypass pedals. 

- do you have single or dual fx block - i mean -

1st Fx for British Pedal and 2nd Fx for Liverpool, or do you have only one Fx for both...and if only ONE FX then if you dont need any one of the pedal you switch it off ??

#33 guilhordas

guilhordas

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

I'm adding a new pedal to my chain this weekend. I will update with review soon. Due to my extreme joy for my new Tech 21 British pedal for my rythm and lead tones, I bit the bullet and found a killer deal on a Tech 21 Liverpool. The Brit is essentially a Marshall Amp in a pedal (ALL ANALOG< HALLELUJAH!) and the Liverpool is essentially a Vox AC30 in a pedal. Im putting the Liverpool in for my clean tones. I want the fatness in the clean section that the AC30 gives, combined with its chime. Below is my configuration, and oh, how I adore it! Cheers.

Guitar into:

Guitar into:

hi, i have 2 questions, put you the tech in fx loop and in the beginning of the chain in the patch( firts effect?)? and when you want a clean sound? how do you do if you dont put a sim amp in chain? thanks

Jtv 69 , pod hd 500, suhr S3,prs custom 22, Gibson SG standard 96, fender plus strat 93

#34 jasonk931

jasonk931

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationJamestown, TN

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

hi, i have 2 questions, put you the tech in fx loop and in the beginning of the chain in the patch( firts effect?)? and when you want a clean sound? how do you do if you dont put a sim amp in chain? thanks

Actually, My setup on patch is Wah, Tube Distortion pedal for when I need it, then my FX loop in, and then Delay, reverb, etc... I am using the Tech 21 Liverpool mainly for my clean tones, So, I use the same patch for both rythm rock leads, etc and for cleans. For my rythm, rock, leads, I use the Tech 21 British. When I want a clean tone, I simply disengage the British and engage the Liverpool. I will post pics tomorrow of the actual board, and patch.  Thanks. Due to my amazement with the Liverpool, I will probably get the Tech 21 blonde for my clean tones, and use british and liverpool for my rockin! The chimes of the Liverpool ac30 tones are sick!

#35 pratikb

pratikb

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

Actually, My setup on patch is Wah, Tube Distortion pedal for when I need it, then my FX loop in, and then Delay, reverb, etc... I am using the Tech 21 Liverpool mainly for my clean tones, So, I use the same patch for both rythm rock leads, etc and for cleans. For my rythm, rock, leads, I use the Tech 21 British. When I want a clean tone, I simply disengage the British and engage the Liverpool. I will post pics tomorrow of the actual board, and patch.  Thanks. Due to my amazement with the Liverpool, I will probably get the Tech 21 blonde for my clean tones, and use british and liverpool for my rockin! The chimes of the Liverpool ac30 tones are sick!

Please post your patches

Thanks - Pratik

#36 jasonk931

jasonk931

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationJamestown, TN

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

Please post your patches

Thanks - Pratik

http://line6.com/cus...one/tone/225614

Remember that on this patch, the amp sim is the Tech 21 British. On the main soundboard all my eq's are set to noon and I mix the tone from my HD500 and Tech 21's.

#37 pratikb

pratikb

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:37 AM

http://line6.com/cus...one/tone/225614

Remember that on this patch, the amp sim is the Tech 21 British. On the main soundboard all my eq's are set to noon and I mix the tone from my HD500 and Tech 21's.

will keep that in mind :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hd500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users