Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to stop hearing processed sound from both POD HD and Garageband

Hi

Hi - Sorry, I am not sure how to articulate the problem correctly in the subject line..

• I am using a Line 6 POD HD400 (Guitar>POD>USB>Garageband)
  • Im plugged into my mac with some headphones and have set the output to come through the system and not the audio interface
  • When I play my guitar I hear both the effects coming from the POD and the effects/amps coming from Garageband - For example; I hear both the "Tone Tonic" patch coming from the POD and "Time to Shred" from Garageband and they do not sound good together
  • This is really annoying as neither are heard properly and I want only one of them to be recorded/heard.  I want to be focussed on getting the right tone from one set of virtual pedals, etc. and as it as the moment both the POD and Garageband are effecting the sound
  • How do I achieve this please?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Line 6 POD HD400, JTV-59 guitar