Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G30 Receiver Dies

strum6211

This has now happened to me twice: I'm playing and everything is fine. Then, a strange whoppy sound comes out of the amp followed by a harsh buzz. The G30 receiver appears dead, no lights at all. Nothing will make the buzz stop (not turning off the transmitter; not lowering the guitar volume) except disconnecting the receiver. If I wait a few minutes and re-connect the receiver, it works fine for about 5 minutes and then does the same thing again.

When I discussed the problem with Line 6 the first time this happened, I was told that if the unit were under warranty, they would replace it. But they are NOT serviceable. Since it wasn't under warranty, my only choice was to buy a new one. The guy I communicated with claimed to never have heard of an issue like this before. So, I figured it was a freak thing and bought a used unit from E-Bay. But now, a month later, the same thing.

Could I be causing the problem someone? I'm using a stratocaster with a simply pedal board into a Mesa Boogie Express. The transmitter continues to work fine.

Both times when it initially happened, there was also a bass guitar using another G30. But when I tried it later with just my guitar, same problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Could you open a support ticket for this, please? We may want to replace your unit so we can examine this unit.

http://line6.com/support/tickets/

• Open a Support Ticket

Contact our expert tech support staff directly via a support ticket. You will get a response within three business days. Response time may increase during holiday periods. To see your ticket, click My Account, then click Support Tickets.

• Call Line 6 Technical Support

If your issue involves using a computer, to help us better assist you, please complete your support profile.

The support team for US customers can be reached at 818-575-3600 (option 2), Mon-Fri 8am - 5 pm PST. Our busiest hours are from 11am to 2 pm.

The EU support team can be reached at +49 (0) 4101 303 166, Mon-Thurs 9am – 5pm GMT and Fri 9am – 4pm CET.

Outside of North America and Europe, please visit our distributor page.

• Upvote 1