Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can you switch back from Pitch Glide+Exp1 without pitch staying high?

alienux

I just created a patch to use this weekend using the Pitch Glide with the EXP 1 setting. It's my first time using Pitch Glide this way.

I have volume using EXP 2, so at first I just assigned the Pitch Glide effect so that it would activate when I pressed the toe switch and changing to EXP 1. This was great to turn on the pitch glide effect and allow me to use the pedal, but when I press the toe switch again to return to EXP 2 and disable the Pitch Glide, it leaves the pitch at +24, which obviously sounds awful when I need to play chords after turning off the pitch glide.

I ended up assigning FS2 to actually turn the Pitch Glide on and off, so I have to press FS2 to turn on the effect and then press the toe switch to actually enable the pitch control. Then when I'm ready to go back to normal, I have to press FS2 to turn off the effect so it doesn't stay at +24 when I press the toe switch, and then I have to press the toe switch again to be able to use the volume pedal.

This is workable and I'll end up using it this way if I have to, but is there a way to just use the toe switch to turn it on and off without having it go up to +24 and stay there when engaging the toe switch?

Reverse the Min and Max....Set the Max to 0% and Min to where you want to go...The glide is reversed, so it takes a bit to get used to it, but it works....I have used that approach covering some of those White Stripes tunes...

• Upvote 1

I think I'd have a little trouble adjusting to using it reversed like that, but I think I'll give it a try since it would be less clicking to keep track of. Thanks for the suggestion.

Get a second expression pedal so that you can leave Exp 1 dedicated to an effect such as pitch glide and Exp dedicated to volume, then they are both active all the time and you don't need the Toe Switch - I would keep FS2 turning the effect on and off though

• Upvote 1

Get a second expression pedal so that you can leave Exp 1 dedicated to an effect such as pitch glide and Exp dedicated to volume, then they are both active all the time and you don't need the Toe Switch - I would keep FS2 turning the effect on and off though

I think that this is what I'll end up doing in the long run.