Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

M20d recording to a pc question

Hi guys, first post!

I am very much into the idea of getting the M20d but i can't seem to find an answer to one question, very important to me. So, i hook it up to a pc and it records 18/20 channels into a DAW as said, but, are the tracks recorded dry or are they wet with all the eq/comp/reverb etc from the channel strip?

Thanks

they are recorded dry.

also whenb you play them back on the M20D you can edit each individual track to suit your needs... (reverb etc..)  makes a great tool for sound check.  Have the band play one song and they dont have to be there anymore..

But yes it records dry.

• Upvote 1

Yes, its dry.  

I'll add a piece of info, the M20d will not work as a regular audio interface because it has around 1s of latency. It will work to record a session direct to DAW. But not to overdub individual instruments. 

I never use the M20d to record to PC anymore. I love the feature of recording direct to SDCard  ;)

• Upvote 1