Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

The POD Settings Bible

Hey Marvenik,

I looked into that book years ago but after taking a bunch of their sample pages and editing some in, I found them lacking. Most POD settings are ballpark at best and still require a bunch of tweaking to fit "your gear". If there is a certain tone you are shooting for one way to go about it is to look up the gear the guitarist uses and try to edit the tones. Try some of the online tones from here and tweak a bit (some are pretty decent to start with) Just my opinion mind you. 

If its just a matter of really wanting it there are some used book search engines you can try.

Take Care and welcome to the forum.

Bill

Hi Bill,

thanks for your welcome, your opinion and your suggestions!

I'm looking for this book for a friend of mine who is a long standing expert and talented guitarist but doesn't understand very well english language and is not at ease with forums, social media etc. 

On the contrary I'm a newbie guitarist but a computer expert and really want find this book for him.

I've already used almost any book search engine, unfortunately without luck. 

Also I've already suggested him to take a look at the CustomTone section, but he told me that he doesn't want files but images of the POD 2 with the proper settings.

Maybe  I can still help my friend downloading the settings for him.  I asked him to check if his POD 2 has an USB port in order to upload the file settings. He told me that there isn't an USB port. So I've supposed there's a file settings editor which can show the proper switchs and knobs positions on the POD 2.

Is my hypotesis true? And in case how can I practically do that?

I've seen there are various editors arround but unfortunately still haven't found some spare time to check them.

Any suggestion is highly appreciate.

Thanks again,

Marvenik

Hmmm to edit the Pod 2.0 you will need a midi to usb adaptor. The M-Audio Uno is the one of choice. The cable will allow the pod to communicate with the Line 6 Edit program. When you load a tone into the editor it will show you what settings are being used.

The real benefit is that some knobs do multiple things (as a geek I am sure you have read the manual a few times) so it is tough to graphically show the picture if you took one. However, I am sure your buddy has developed his ear and that after a bit of screwing around he will get the hang of it.

http://line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/57305/   This post has the links at the bottom.

The manuals come in 5-6 languages to that will help him too.

http://line6.com/support/manuals/pod2/

Hope that helps! OOooo Lick Library had a Pod DvD at one time there may be some YouTube clips still up.

-Bill