#41 joel_brown

joel_brown

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

I'm all for this.  I had a POD 2.0 and put the upgrade chip myself with no problems.  I'd like to pop in a chip for the PODHD and get a little extra horsepower.

#42 sidsimo

sidsimo

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 03:18 PM

I'm just amazed that this product (HD500) can be "maxed out" with the effects chain, etc.

For one reason or another I have been disappointed in the later models of the POD.

I gig w/the 2.0 on a regular basis. I'm use to getting compliments on my guitar sound(including guitar players).

I use the XT Live for a Vax Acoustic 700 preamp and parametric(NO AMP or SPKR sim)  and power source

w/ the Digital cable.

The rest I have found to be unuseable.

What is it , like a minute of looping on the HD Desk and HD500? ONE MINUTE? GOLLY!

Disappointed. :blink:

#43 ChristianArnold

ChristianArnold

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

What is it , like a minute of looping on the HD Desk and HD500? ONE MINUTE? GOLLY!

Disappointed. :blink:

You cannot expect every product to have all of the best of everything. You want a good looper, get the Boss rc-300. You want amazing guitar tones, get the HD500X. Or whatever you want really. They throw the cheap looper in there as an added bonus.

Check out all my youtube videos featuring Line 6 products here. www.youtube.com/christianarnoldmusic

#44 sidsimo

sidsimo

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:44 AM

I didn't buy it for the looper. I already own some Real Looping pedals. The looper in this unit is a joke, not a bonus.

L6 maybe could have assigned the extra memory for the effects chain so that in won't fall short. Or perhaps developed the

amp models like Matchless and Dumble that they removed. You're right about  one thing though, I did buy something else

and will continue to do so.

#45 silverhead

silverhead

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 11443 posts
  • LocationOttawa, Ontario, Canada

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:20 AM

......The looper in this unit is a joke, not a bonus......

If you try to use it during gigging / live play, then it certainly is disappointing. But that's not really what it is designed for. It's not meant to compete with standalone looper products. It does a couple of things well: create a simple backing loop for practicing solos (post position), and allow tone audition / tweaking while hands free (pre position).

But a live looper? Not so much.

P.S. The looper uses a bit of RAM, and almost no additional processing power. Removing the looper would do nothing in terms of increasing DSP capacity.

Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
.... John Lennon

#46 sidsimo

sidsimo

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:26 AM

Didn't ask for the looper to be removed....revamped would be a better choice tho'

I didn't even buy it for the looper. When I realized it had it had a looper onboard, my reaction went from Awesome ! to Aww  S**t ! 

just sayin'....

Better check your Engineering textbooks....the amount of Ram definitely affects DSP efficiency. Everything in a Computer based device runs through memory.

It's arguable that when you get the "out of system resources" message while adding pedals to the amp/effect chain, is it CPU/DSP issue or RAM or a Combo?

#47 MIKEY9966

MIKEY9966

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:27 PM

the Extra dsp some time I run out , instead of buying  podx I bought a wha  and 2 eqs and guitar silencer  it working great no dps problem and sound better, so all this gear save much more dsp then buying a podx  and sound better ,, 

zack wah

mxr  6 band eq for a boost

pod 500

mrx 10 band eq

rocktron guitar silencer

#48 stumblinman

stumblinman

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:55 PM

the Extra dsp some time I run out , instead of buying podx I bought a wha and 2 eqs and guitar silencer it working great no dps problem and sound better, so all this gear save much more dsp then buying a podx and sound better ,,

zack wah
mxr 6 band eq for a boost
pod 500
mrx 10 band eq
rocktron guitar silencer

Did you ever get your signal chain figured out right using the noise gate pedal?

#49 MIKEY9966

MIKEY9966

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

well the pedal is in for repair not sure what happen I think I bought it broken, (sucks) I am sure it will work when I get it back

I really like the 6 band eq it will act as a boost, and I will dial the ten band in for my 2 amps, a bit over kill I guess but some really good deals,  what your rig set up like?

#50 stumblinman

stumblinman

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:05 PM

well the pedal is in for repair not sure what happen I think I bought it broken, (sucks) I am sure it will work when I get it back
I really like the 6 band eq it will act as a boost, and I will dial the ten band in for my 2 amps, a bit over kill I guess but some really good deals, what your rig set up like?

My rig is one of my Les Pauls into my tc helicon harmony gxt>digitech iStomp>pod input>l6 link to DT25. Pretty simple.

I actually have a new pedalboard on the way so I can add my second iStomp, and either my dual OD pedal or my wah. I use one iStomp programmed as an acoustic simulator in the pod fx loop. Eliminated my need for the JTV59 which I was less than impressed with. I've tried enough guitars that I've come to realize I already own the perfect guitar for me: a Les Paul with classic 57's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users