Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Questions to Firehawk owners

greatdane74

Haven't decided yet if my new rig will be the Firehawk or maybe something else. Like that with this one I would haveall I need in one box. That's a big plus for me.

Here's a few questions I have and since Firehawk hasn't reached Europe yet I cannot get them answered by myself.

1) when you change banks with the up/down buttons will the patch change automatic or do you have to step on one of the A/B/C/D buttons first (hopefully) ?

2) is the sound improved compared to HD500x ?

3) playing classic rock (Stones, Dylan, Georgia Sattelites, Oasis) and Blues - can the Firehawk sound close to real amps and pedals for this music ?

4) is it easy to turn on/off stomps on the second row or do you ofthe accidently hit the first row with your foot?

5) any other pro/cons that could swing me either way ? :-)

A biiiig thanks in advance.

1) after changing the and you need to also step on one of the A-D switches to select the patch.

2) Very subjective. To me the sound is very similar, but it's a bit simpler to dial in a good tone on the Firehawk.

3) Yes.

4) You can easily get used to this after a few mistakes. You need to learn to use the ball of your foot to hit the switch, and keep your heel raised.

5) the mobile app makes the editor very portable, and Tone Matching is handy.

As per Silverhead-

1) tap on pedal to engage it-  if you don't tap within a few seconds, it will revert back to the original bank and the blink will stop.

2) never had a HD50oX - but the sounds you get from the Firehawk are very good sounding compared to my BOSS GT10, with the amp modelling even better.

3) at loud volumes, you would swear the amp you modelled is actually in the room with you- cabs are super versatile as well, with mic adjustments for each.

4) I disagree with silverhead - on this one- playing live, the top buttons are too close to the bottom, and I tend to switch banks by accident If I don't pay extra attention- that is why I am pushing to get the lag time between patch changes reduced- I would rather only h use the patch buttons live.

5) The mobile app does make dialing in tones easy, and I can easily blow a few hours messing around with cool sounds, but for me, it is not practical to take on stage with me, as you can do some quick tweaks on the floor and save from the pedal if you have to.  I think the first version of the firmware was not a true indication of what this unit can become.  I am still using my GT-10 live, because of the lag issue- songs in need of 4 different distinct guitar sounds and a dozen switchings can not be performed successfully with this pedal in it's present firmware.

4) I disagree with silverhead - on this one- playing live, the top buttons are too close to the bottom, and I tend to switch banks by accident If I don't pay extra attention- ....

That's very understandable. While I have become used to it, it did require a change of foot-stomping style and some practice. This was, initially, my biggest 'con' about the device.