Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

For Those Getting The "Error code 80007211", When Updating Firmware,I Have A Potential Fix...

sketterman

Preface - This worked for me with my POD HD Bean / Windows 7 Pro x64

I've received this error recently, as well as a separate error that was related to MIDI (which is a connection I'm not even using).  Anywho, I've been googling like a mofo the last few days desperate to find the fix...

Found a random thread where someone (forget the name) suggested:

1. Have your POD connected to your PC via USB (make sure it's a USB connection that is on your motherboard, not a hub, and, I think, it should be a 2.0 port, NOT 3.0.

2. Power off your POD.

3. Hold down the LEFT directional pad of the navigation button (right-center of your POD bean, has "ENTER AMP & FX ON/OFF" on the top and "DBL PRESS TO ASSIGN CTL MOVE" on the bottom), and while holding down the LEFT arrow/button, power on your POD.

4. You won't see *any* indications that anything has happened or changed, but now open up Monkey and, if you are lucky like me, you will now see that your firmware is recognized.  Mine was already up-to-date, but if yours isn't, you should now be able to update it without issue.

I was initially having an issue where none of my hi-gain presets sounded like, well, hi-gain, but rather they all sounded like AC-DC, and I had to MESH the life out of my stings to get any tone.  Tried to fix it by rolling-back the drivers for both USB and Flash, and then ended up getting this error when I tried to re-update my Flash.  This fixed both of my issues.

I certainly can't guarantee this will work for you, but since it worked for me (when NOTHING else would), I had to share it on here since I've seen lots of folks having this same stupid error.  Best of luck folks,

-Shaun

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...