Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk App Tempo Control

phillips21d

Is there any way to manually punch in the numbers for a tempo using the keyboard on the firehawk app?  I set up patches for individual songs a lot and it's a pain to try and use the tap tempo to hit an exact tempo for every patch that I make.  But it won't let me select the tempo value to just type the numbers in.  Am I missing something?  I would really appreciate a feature of just being able to touch the tempo number and type in a new tempo.

In the edit screen for the effect you want to change the tempo for, on the right side of the delay time, there will be a bpm - you can tap that area, and enter in a number. make sure you save up in the top right.

In the edit screen for the effect you want to change the tempo for, on the right side of the delay time, there will be a bpm - you can tap that area, and enter in a number. make sure you save up in the top right.

I've tried that, but it won't let me select anything there.  I can tap all over the the bpm or the numbers but it doesnt let me select it, so the keyboard won't come up to enter in a new tempo.  What you're saying seems like the natural thing to work, but for some reason I can't get it to come up that way either on my iPad or my iPhone.  I don't get why mine won't do that.

Is there any way to manually punch in the numbers for a tempo using the keyboard on the firehawk app? I set up patches for individual songs a lot and it's a pain to try and use the tap tempo to hit an exact tempo for every patch that I make. But it won't let me select the tempo value to just type the numbers in. Am I missing something? I would really appreciate a feature of just being able to touch the tempo number and type in a new tempo.

If it's an IPhone no, Android will alow tap tempo and manual entery. Not sure why that limitation on iPhone???

On my iPad I cannot manually enter the bpm. However, there is a slider that permits relatively fine precision in setting the bpm, depending on the fine motor control you have over your fingertips!!

Note:  If the indicated tempo is shown in note format you will have to touch the Note button in order to switch slider control to the bpm setting.

On my iPad I cannot manually enter the bpm. However, there is a slider that permits relatively fine precision in setting the bpm, depending on the fine motor control you have over your fingertips!!

Note:  If the indicated tempo is shown in note format you will have to touch the Note button in order to switch slider control to the bpm setting.

I see that option, but I get it in ms then instead of bpm, which sort of works, but then you have to calculate for each tempo what the different note values would equal in ms.  Unless you're saying there's a way to have the slider actually slide bpm and not ms.  That would be great if there is, but I can't get mine to do that on my iPad or my iPhone.

So it seems like the Android version has full capability to manually set tempo, but the iOS app is limited for some reason. I hope that's something that line 6 will correct in a future update. Thanks for all the replies everyone! If you find out anything else about getting it to work on the iOS app I'd appreciate if you post it. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

I keep a couple of charts handy in my music room. 1, is a chart that converts BPM to Ms or vice versa. Very handy.

Another chart I have (different subject) has the Hz at each string/fret location on the fret board. Comes in handy if a partcular note is "zinging"