Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD Model Packs & Licence Manager

fireman

I purchased 2 copies of the High Gain HD Model Pack for my HD500 and HD Desktop (I need to have both installed as sometimes both PODs are in different locations).

Installed the pack on the HD500, no problems. Tried to install the other copy on the HD Desktop but according to Licence Manager, the HD bean is not authorised. OK, tried to authorise it but it tells me I have reached my device limit for authorisation.

I have bought every POD since the original version 2 in both bean and live versions plus a stack of other Line6 gear, so you can imagine that my Licence Manager is pretty full. Unfortunately, a couple of devices are still authorised that I no longer own - a POD XT that developed a USB fault that prevented any communication with my PC (which I tried to get Line6 to de-authorise but they never responded to the support ticket), and a X3 bean that I forgot to de-authorise before selling it.

After de-authorising everything that was not needed, I tried again to authorise the HD bean again but now Licence Manager is telling me that I have reached my lifetime limit. I tried Line6 support, but as of yet they have not responded and have a model pack I cant install,

If Line6 don't respond, how am I supposed to get this fixed? Do I start a whole new account and try to transfer everything across or what.

Do I have to de-register all my gear then re-register to the new account and then try to "Gift" the model packs to the new account?

If Line6 didn't make this difficult by putting limits on how many devices I can authorise, I wouldn't have this issue. Also, the fact that of the 4 times I have raised a support ticket, they have only responded to 2, ignored 1 completely and I'm STILL waiting on the latest ticket.

If anyone can guide me through fixing this, I would be very appreciative.

I would try again with the support ticket my man - sometimes there are too few people and too many problems for a speedy solution. BTW I think you can use the purchase of 1 model pack on 4 devices so you probably didn't need to buy two. You can confirm via a support ticket (in case you bought them during the recent sale) - might save a few $ :)

-B

Yeah, I read that I could use the model pack on several devices, but the fact that sometimes both PODs are in different locations at the same time and I'm basically lazy and the 30% off sale, I decided to buy 2 licences.

I'll give support another week, then try to follow it up with them.

Gotta admit though, without these forums and the people that contribute, life would impossible with these high tech gadgets.