Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Limited amount of usage on a paid product? This is ridiculous.

Hello everybody,

This is my first post on the forums, and unfortunately has to be a bit of a rant.

This post is about the "10 lifetime allowed changes on your account". I own a UX1 and several computers which, as a Software Developer, tend to change my setup a lot (software and hardware wise) and I used 5/10 lifetime changes in the first month of purchase. This means that roughly this time next year I won't be able to use my $120 paid device anymore. This is like a car manufacturer saying a car can only be sold X times before nobody can own it.

I suggest one of two things, and strongly recommend that Line 6 adopts one:

1. Remove this policy completely, and allow people to have 4 active devices (as you do now), but only allow changes once every week or month.
  2. Allow a total of 10 changes in a specific period of time (e.g. 1 year), and after that have the counter reset.

I will mention for the third time that this is a paid piece of hardware that we've purchased, and it's ridiculous that basically we need to throw it away after we upgrade our computer 10 times.

In case I am missing something obvious please let me know.

Thanks for the replies guys.

That's a relief since today I reached 6/10 and in about a month I'll be hitting 7 with my new PC, however the problem still exists.

I don't mind the whole having to register a PC each time, but the 10 lifetime changes. I am currently on a 3 PC + UX1 setup (Home, Studio, Laptop) and as I said I do change software/hardware pretty frequently. And I'm pretty sure that if I were to contact support about 3 times a year for an extra 10 slots they would either frown upon it or deny altogether, which is annoying since this is not an online service but a paid physical product.

Thanks for the replies guys.

That's a relief since today I reached 6/10 and in about a month I'll be hitting 7 with my new PC, however the problem still exists.

I don't mind the whole having to register a PC each time, but the 10 lifetime changes. I am currently on a 3 PC + UX1 setup (Home, Studio, Laptop) and as I said I do change software/hardware pretty frequently. And I'm pretty sure that if I were to contact support about 3 times a year for an extra 10 slots they would either frown upon it or deny altogether, which is annoying since this is not an online service but a paid physical product.

I've felt the same way although I'm not a developer. Tell Line 6 your a developer when you contact them, maybe they'll do something that suits your needs better. Doesn't hurt to ask. I used all my usages up in approx 6 years due to computer issues such as hard drive failures, laptop video card failures and software issues, etc.