Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500X and Ableton Live latency

ajaykumar

I've had my POD HD500x for a few years now and used to use Reaper to record tracks, but recently got a new computer and now use Ableton. However, I get a lot of latency that I can't seem to get rid of.

I use Windows 8.1, and Ableton Live Suite 9.1.2 64 bit. My POD has been updated completely. I've messed around in the preferences to no avail (I've attached a screenshot). I can't get the input buffer size to be any lower than 256. I've tried to adjust it to 128 but it just resets.

I really don't know what the problem could be. Is it some 32bit/64bit issue? Is it the USB 2.0 cable into a USB 3.0 port? Any help at all would be appreciated. I don't want to go back to Reaper when now I have crazy powerful Ableton.

post-893604-0-93142700-1433281999_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your quick reply duncann, that seemed to solve it. The options to adjust input/output buffer sizes are disabled now, but adjusting the driver error compensation now gives me no latency.

I had already disabled monitoring through Ableton, but thanks for the suggestion hurghanico. Hopefully someone with a similar problem will find this topic.