Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD 500x screen problem

hamidmb

Hi all,

Need some help with my pod hd 500x.. the screen seems to be having a bit of a problem. the vertical lines appearing all over the screen. i tried resetting the pod and even updated the firmware but still no luck.. what should i do? thanks.. 

post-1920089-0-44332700-1433514003_thumb.jpg

Hi all,

Need some help with my pod hd 500x.. the screen seems to be having a bit of a problem. the vertical lines appearing all over the screen. i tried resetting the pod and even updated the firmware but still no luck.. what should i do? thanks.. 

Looks like it needs replacing or the contacts need cleaning. I seem to remember someone here saying all they needed to do was clean the contact for the screen and it was fixed. Of Course, that means taking the unit apart.

Looks like it needs replacing or the contacts need cleaning. I seem to remember someone here saying all they needed to do was clean the contact for the screen and it was fixed. Of Course, that means taking the unit apart.

That's great! gonna give it a try.. thanks!

That's great! gonna give it a try.. thanks!

Have you any experience with this sort of stuff? If not take your time and do some research on it. Ask questions when in doubt. I've some experience with other electronics but I haven't had to work on any of my Line 6 devices yet other than putting tubes in my DT50HD, which wasn't even the problem. Good Luck and try to post back if ya can.

Have you tried adjusting the LCD contrast in the System Setup Menu. I think I would check that before taking anything apart. In case you don't know how to get into the setup screen, press and hold the View button to get into setup. Go to page 2 and adjust the LCD screen contrast with knob 1. I would definitely try this first.

• Upvote 1

Have you tried adjusting the LCD contrast in the System Setup Menu. I think I would check that before taking anything apart. In case you don't know how to get into the setup screen, press and hold the View button to get into setup. Go to page 2 and adjust the LCD screen contrast with knob 1. I would definitely try this first.

i tried that and that did not solved the problem. the screen become brighter but the vertical lines are still there.. so we can confirm that the lcd screen is broken, right? thanks for the tip though..  :D

Have you any experience with this sort of stuff? If not take your time and do some research on it. Ask questions when in doubt. I've some experience with other electronics but I haven't had to work on any of my Line 6 devices yet other than putting tubes in my DT50HD, which wasn't even the problem. Good Luck and try to post back if ya can.

i ended up dismantling everything and ordered the LCD screen online.. still waiting for their reply.. my plan is to bring the board to electronic shop and have them do it for me rather than doing it myself.. i live outside US btw, and there's no local shop in my country that sell line 6 parts..  :(

• Upvote 1

i ended up dismantling everything and ordered the LCD screen online.. still waiting for their reply.. my plan is to bring the board to electronic shop and have them do it for me rather than doing it myself.. i live outside US btw, and there's no local shop in my country that sell line 6 parts..  :(

Good to hear your working on it, I hope you get going sooner than later. I wish I could help more but I haven't had the experience. I have a Line 6 DT50 and even though I live in the US I have to send it to Line 6 since there isn't anyone around here that can deal with it....yet. Good Luck with it and thanks for the update.