Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

something happened to my usb cable

AlexKenivel

And now this little black thing came out.

20150605_105504_zpsbzgfldwt.jpg

I'm not sure if this was in the USB cable or if it was part of the pod, but im thinking it was in the pod. Does anybody know? Should I be worried? It still connects but doesn't seem as sturdy.

Thanks for any input

well, I just called and they said it's covered under warranty since the pod is only just a couple months old. The nearest service center is about an hour away.

I did some research and found that a lot of the USB B ports that are on audio equipment are often the cheapest the factory can find. No surprise there.

Thanks for all the responses

I have not heard of USB ports breaking like this except for here with the Pod.  Maybe their replaements are more robust!  I am very careful with the USB cable on mine because I have heard of so many of them breaking just like yours did.  That plastic part keeps the plug centered and prevents shorting.  With it broken, bad things will happen.

I've read on some other forums about a lot of DJ equipment having the same problem. and of course I call the service center and they're closed today and not open on the weekends, and I start working full time again on Monday. :/

I guess I better familiarize myself a little more with the onboard controls

I've read on some other forums about a lot of DJ equipment having the same problem. and of course I call the service center and they're closed today and not open on the weekends, and I start working full time again on Monday. :/

I guess I better familiarize myself a little more with the onboard controls

Damn that sucks, I think the one they replace it with is a better made version, hopefully. They're still weak, so gotta be real careful with them.

Getting used to the onboard controls isn't a bad idea but I would use them gingerly also. Try not to press too hard and try not to turn the rotary controls wildly fast too much. Just a thought. Hope you get 'er fixed in short order.

I had/have the exact same issue.  Mine is only a couple months old so it is also covered under warranty. I haven't gotten it fixed yet, but it is on my short list of things to do.  I did see a video of a guy who replaced the usb  connection himself.  The part cost something like $.80.  (yes, 80 cents for a high quality replacement).  As this is a common problem with the POD, I cannot imagine why the folks at Line6 would not make a executive decision to spend a quarter for a more robust connector in the assembly process.  It is not like this is the first time this has come up.  That said, I appreciate the fact that Line6 is telling me it is covered under warranty.