Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD400 Four Cable Method

Blackcat73

I've been happily playing my HD400 since it was first released. I'm now about to invest in a new amp (Marshall JVM210) and want to use my POD for the effects only. I know the 4 cable method works for the HD500 but will it work for the HD400 as I need the chorus/delay effects to work only with the power amp and the distortion/WAH FX to work with the preamp. I've seen how this can be adjusted on the HD500 but have yet to find how it's done on the HD400.

• Upvote 1

Looks like yes. Check out this archived thread > http://line6.com/supportarchivenew/thread/69409/

Re: POD hd400 with 4 cable method
by spaceatl on 2011-08-15 07:43:06

The only thing that you need to really be a little cautious when running the HD400 as FX only is the AMP button...I recomend that you tweak in a clean amp tone that is a close match to the bypass tone....The only reason I mention it is that I have 4CM my HD400 into several different amps to try them out...Being the lazy dude I am, I often have used patches I have with amp models tweaked in so I can compare the HD model to the preamp that is 4 cabled in the HD loop...Turning the AMP model on with FX loop engaged can be a lot of fun and lead to hearing loss...I did this last week with JVM...yikes...Use some caution around the MODE and FX1 buttons...

Another archived thread below

Best Way to Connect HD400 to a Marshall AVT150H Head

Edited by Brazzy

Great response thanks for getting back so quick. Just to clarify, I've a load of patches set up based around the pod JCM800 amp. If I understand this correctly I need to change the amp to something cleaner (say the Hiway?) and that will match the bypass tone of the JVM?

Great response thanks for getting back so quick. Just to clarify, I've a load of patches set up based around the pod JCM800 amp. If I understand this correctly I need to change the amp to something cleaner (say the Hiway?) and that will match the bypass tone of the JVM?

That sounds like a good start ' cause you're going to let your new amps preamp do that work for you.