Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Line 6 G30 dropouts within a 30ft range

jdmnsmc

So I have been having trouble out of my Line 6 G30 since day 1. I have been experiencing dropouts and problems with it being less than a year old and have only used it for 4 gigs. It will start fine and all lights are green and sounds great. Then after a few minutes I will experience dropouts, which sounds like a cable going bad. Just intermittent sounds. I tried my buddies backpack and its doing the same thing. The cable i have was brand new so that wouldn't be the problem.  My rig consist of: Tele > G30 > Axe Fx. I have the receiver sitting on top of the the rack case that houses the Axe,

Do you guys have any suggestions?

So I have been having trouble out of my Line 6 G30 since day 1. I have been experiencing dropouts and problems with it being less than a year old and have only used it for 4 gigs. It will start fine and all lights are green and sounds great. Then after a few minutes I will experience dropouts, which sounds like a cable going bad. Just intermittent sounds. I tried my buddies backpack and its doing the same thing. The cable i have was brand new so that wouldn't be the problem.  My rig consist of: Tele > G30 > Axe Fx. I have the receiver sitting on top of the the rack case that houses the Axe,

Do you guys have any suggestions?

I too have this problem.  I even bought a new G30 after my warranty ended and I'm still having drop outs.  I'm within 10-15 feet from my board.  It's not the cable.  It's not the guitar (playing wired without dropouts).  It's not power related, but I upgraded my power supply and even bypassed it just in case.  The G30 just can't seem to perform without dropouts.  This is my 2nd one and I'm so disappointed.  Can anyone help us?

• 9 months later...

I experience the same issues.
It worked perfectly fine for the first... say year - year and a half, but lately I've been experiencing dropouts more and more frequently- sometimes multiple dropouts within a single song!
I've changed the batteries and I've changed channels like suggested in the FAQ section but it makes no difference.
I've seen update firmware as an option, but I can't see how I am supposed to do that with no PC connector?

It is connected directly to the input on mye Peavey 5150II and I'm standing 1-2 m (that is 3-9 feet for those who dwell in imperical measures) away from the base so range is not an issue. Since it worked perfectly fine in the beginning (and the first gigs), and the problem is increasing, I guess we can rule out interference. There don't seem to be any power loss on the transmitter end. But what I can observe is the Transmitter Status dying on the receiver end, while the Battery Status remain stable. So it seem like the signal from the transmitter to the receiver is split between the battery status and the actual audio signal. So it's obviously not entirely dead.

Now, I can't use the frigging thing live and I am THIS close to giving it the boot. But it cost too much, so here I am.

Any ideas? Except moving to Shure or Sennheiser, that is?

akd835, since you have two sets apparently, did you try to use the transmitter of set 1 with the receiver of set 2 +
transmitter of set 2 with the receiver of set 1 to find out if one piece or two was deffective ?
You can also use one transmitter with two receveir on the same channel: if both receivers are disrupted at the same time, you can suspect the transmitter part.

Do you use RF1 or RF2 ? RF1 is more stable as far as I understand.