Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Podfarm, UX2, and Windows 10

Are Line 6 working on drivers for Windows 10??

Will the current ones work?? as my copy of Windows 7 is letting me upgrade early.

Who killed kennedy?

Were the moon landings faked?

What caused the global economic downturn?

Does anyone work for Line 6?

• Upvote 2

probably

probably

lee harvey oswald

no

Clinton era sub prime legislation (upside down mortgages, lots of them)

yes

Are Line 6 working on drivers for Windows 10??

Will the current ones work?? as my copy of Windows 7 is letting me upgrade early.

Who killed kennedy?

Were the moon landings faked?

What caused the global economic downturn?

Does anyone work for Line 6?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Those are all good answers!

And 'probably' is a massive improvement on what i knew before. 

I;m tempted to try it, only problem is i rely on the UX2 for ALL of my audio. I have the line outs running to two studio monitors. If it didn;t work i would be up a certain creek, without an implement for displacing water. 

• Upvote 1

Those are all good answers!

And 'probably' is a massive improvement on what i knew before. 

I;m tempted to try it, only problem is i rely on the UX2 for ALL of my audio. I have the line outs running to two studio monitors. If it didn;t work i would be up a certain creek, without an implement for displacing water.

Got a good little laugh out of your thread here, lol. I'll be doing the free upgrade when it come out and I'm going to find out whether it's going to work with my KB37 Studio, TonePort UX2, X3 Pro, HD500 and all the other stuff I have, lol. Geez I think I need to start selling some stuff, hahahaaaa

hi, Toneport UX2 owner here. I'm trying Windows 10 preview build 10130. I don't know if anyone else has these problems, but i'm glad I have a dual install of Windows 8.1 and the Windows 10 preview, because it's very unusable in Windows 10

1. Obviously a major issue: Windows will not output sound to the UX2 at all. When Pod Farm is open, I can hear my mic and 3.5mm jacks through the headphone jack on the interface, but Windows can't pick it up.
  2. Pod Farm needs to be under Windows 8 compatibility mode to run or else it crashes on startup.

Looking in the device properties and the event viewer, Windows 10 says the drivers installed just fine, but I get no sound. I don't know if this is Line 6's fault or a Microsoft's fault, but hopefully this gets looked at before Windows 10 is released to the public.

• Upvote 4

hi, Toneport UX2 owner here. I'm trying Windows 10 preview build 10130. I don't know if anyone else has these problems, but i'm glad I have a dual install of Windows 8.1 and the Windows 10 preview, because it's very unusable in Windows 10

1. Obviously a major issue: Windows will not output sound to the UX2 at all. When Pod Farm is open, I can hear my mic and 3.5mm jacks through the headphone jack on the interface, but Windows can't pick it up.
  2. Pod Farm needs to be under Windows 8 compatibility mode to run or else it crashes on startup.

Looking in the device properties and the event viewer, Windows 10 says the drivers installed just fine, but I get no sound. I don't know if this is Line 6's fault or a Microsoft's fault, but hopefully this gets looked at before Windows 10 is released to the public.

Thankyou very much for your concise answer!

You are infinitely more helpful than the Line 6 tech Support guys, who some would say don't know their arse from their elbow, and that they don't seem to be able to pass on knowledge of upcoming compatibility issues, leaving us to upgrade and find our equipment not working. 

I certainly wouldn't say the above. Of course. It was someone else entirely.

Just a quick note line 6. 

Don;t leave people stranded with borked software, just because you can't be bothered with your legacy products. 

I rely on my Line 6 Toneport, i believe it to be a decent product that has given me thousands of hours of Pleasure. 

Please SORT OUT THE DRIVERS

• Upvote 2

Thankyou very much for your concise answer!

You are infinitely more helpful than the Line 6 tech Support guys, who some would say don't know their arse from their elbow, and that they don't seem to be able to pass on knowledge of upcoming compatibility issues, leaving us to upgrade and find our equipment not working. 

I certainly wouldn't say the above. Of course. It was someone else entirely.

Just a quick note line 6. 

Don;t leave people stranded with borked software, just because you can't be bothered with your legacy products. 

I rely on my Line 6 Toneport, i believe it to be a decent product that has given me thousands of hours of Pleasure. 

Please SORT OUT THE DRIVERS

No problem.

Yeah, I really wish Line 6 would sort out their drivers and software, not just for Windows 10, but for Windows 8.1 as well. There is this super annoying bug on Windows 8.1 where the audio output will cut out on the UX2 at random, and it forces me to restart my computer every time to fix it. When users came across this bug 2 or 3 years ago, they had to find out how to fix it themselves and post their own ways of fixing the problem without any help from Line 6 (oh and by the way those fixes don't even work for me lmao). 2 to 3 years have passed and the bug still isn't fixed.

It's getting old quick, so I'm just about to sell my UX2 and get a TASCAM interface that a friend recommended me. It's not like I'll miss POD Farm though; that software can work with other interfaces anyways, so Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯

only if you buy a separate license...

the pod farm license that came with your UX2, belongs to your UX2....

if your UX2 goes away.... so does your license....

just letting you know that, so that you don't end up finding out after you change interfaces and pod farm quits working on you.....

It's not like I'll miss POD Farm though; that software can work with other interfaces anyways, so Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes Flexpuke that's exactly my frustration.

I DIDNT upgrade to Windows 8 because the driver support is TERRIBLE.

And now I won't be able to upgrade to windows 10, because I can't see Line 6 getting the drivers ready.

Please Line 6. Sort out the drivers for windows 10, or it's a different audio interface for me, and no more PodFarm.

• Upvote 2

only if you buy a separate license...

the pod farm license that came with your UX2, belongs to your UX2....

if your UX2 goes away.... so does your license....

just letting you know that, so that you don't end up finding out after you change interfaces and pod farm quits working on you.....

Yeah I understand, and I would be getting a separate license for POD Farm.

Line 6 does POD Farm great, I'll give them that. Drivers, hardware, and other software? Not so much.

I really hope everyone here can get their issues sorted out without having to resort to getting a different interface, but it really doesn't look like that's going to happen.

I'm not liking the chances either. 

There's a thread above this one where someones trying to get 8.1 working with Podfarm (8.1!!!) People are having issues all over the place, and even on these OFFICIAL forums . . . . . . . . . .

no answer. 

• 2 weeks later...

I tried the newest Windows 10 Preview version, but no luck. :/

The drivers installed correctly, everything green in the monkey, the UX2 is present at the device manager, but no sound. No error on playing media, just silence, the VU meters are still too. 

So I opened a support ticket about it, and I got a (maybe helpful) answer:

"Right now there's no support for Windows 10
Please check our download-pages regularly
There will probably be Win10 updates but there's no timeline at the moment
(testing needs to be done etc)"

Let's hope the developers are working fast, the new Windows seems much better than 8.1!

• Upvote 1

I took the jump last night to the insider preview build 10162 and same results here. Installs fine but in the line 6 midi/device panel it shows the driver is inactive. I tried several times and different ways. Tried compatibility mode installs even force installing generic usb audio drivers to get some sound for now but no dice. This is with a UX1 by the way.

Saw another post saying the hd 500 works fine in windows 10, I might give that a try. I have mine setup with monitors and the 1/4's out and it is my main sound as well. I might use xlr's out from my hd 500 for the time being if its working. Hopefully we get a driver sooner rather than later.

About to install build 10166, i'll update if anything changes but I doubt it will. Hopefully Line 6 has the July 29th release date in their heads and are working on it. I believe windows 10 is the same driver model as 8/8.1 maybe it just needs a few small tweaks.

• Upvote 1

just a guess... but it may have signed driver enforcement or some other scheme that microsoft has used in the past preventing the driver install.

you should be able to lookup disabling this from previous versions win7/8 and maybe figure it out?

Yeah, another Win 10 Pro 64 bit 10162 user here, same non-functional device as described above.

4.2.7.1 drivers (they even said for Windows 10 on the download page, lol) and the UX2 appears like it's installed and working in Windows Device Manager and Control Panel Sound applets, etc.

Unfortunately it doesn't work with Windows 10.

Tried every possible configuration tweak and a number of different audio apps with no joy. You can't even play the Windows test sounds from the Sound Properties pages.

This is the first piece of hardware I've come across that doesn't work with Windows 10.

Irritating! Need to get this sorted out please, chaps.

• Upvote 2

OP Here, 

Is there anybody from line 6 who is able to let us know whether Windows 10 will be supported by the UX2? Please?

My post is almost a month old and still no answer.

Question: I

Is the Line 6 UX2 obsolete?

Do you intend to support it into the future?

Should we buy a different audio interface?

Do you want us to continue to purchase Podfarm Patches?

Do you value your customers?

Is communication important to you?

All of the above questions i have asked personally to tech support. NONE of the above questions were answered. 

This is becoming very annoying. 

Did you ask them in a support ticket, using the contact us link at the bottom of the page?

Because they do not typically respond to the forums. Just us users.

But the ux2 is not obsolete. Still for sale. And the software pod farm 2.x is still actively supported.

100% chance of windows 10 drivers eventually.

They have never supported operating systems prerelease.

I contacted them a few weeks ago, ang got a reply, I just copy it here again:

"Right now there's no support for Windows 10
Please check our download-pages regularly
There will probably be Win10 updates but there's no timeline at the moment
(testing needs to be done etc)"

• Upvote 2

Here's the reply to my ticket:

Hi. Thanks for your inquiry.There is a possibility that this will be fixed in the final Windows 10 release. We are waiting for this release and will pursue fixes if needed.

The general feeling of the Windows Insider community is that build 10240 is the release build. So, we shall just have to wait and see and hope the Line 6 dev team are up for a fast response session.

• Upvote 1

I received the RTM build (10240) a few days ago and no change. Like stated above the test tone fails to play in the playback devices dialog box. Hopefully a windows 10 driver soon!

I would assume its the same driver but has anyone tried to pod studio drivers?

Neeeeeeeed my toneport!

I received the RTM build (10240) a few days ago and no change. Like stated above the test tone fails to play in the playback devices dialog box. Hopefully a windows 10 driver soon!

I would assume its the same driver but has anyone tried to pod studio drivers?

Neeeeeeeed my toneport!

Just to be clear, all my posts are about the Pod Studio UX2.

Hi. 

Just got the Windows 10 update, and now everything works for me. I had to reinstall monkey and drivers, but that was pretty much it and both capture and playback works now. 

adesz444 has a good question. Is that the free Win 10 Upgrade? or just an update to a Win 10 OS. Would also be nice to know what kind of PC etc. Glad it's working for you!

adesz444 has a good question. Is that the free Win 10 Upgrade? or just an update to a Win 10 OS. Would also be nice to know what kind of PC etc. Glad it's working for you!

Yeah, just windows update.

My pc consists of a MSI Gaming 7 motherboard, with an Intel i7-5820K cpu. MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G, 16 gigs of memory and so on. Not sure this is helpful though.. but there you go.

Yeah, just windows update.

My pc consists of a MSI Gaming 7 motherboard, with an Intel i7-5820K cpu. MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G, 16 gigs of memory and so on. Not sure this is helpful though.. but there you go.

Not sure if it helps either but ya never know....Thanks.

Nice! I think this has to do with the new line 6 monkey and not the windows 10 update to RTM. I just opened monkey and got prompted for an update and the release notes are: This version of Line 6 Monkey adds support for Windows 10. 

Installing now and will report back.

• Upvote 1

Build 10240 Pro 64bit. POD Studio UX2. Driver Version 4.2.7.1

Output now works but only on 16bit 48000Hz.

Input does not work.

Haven't got monkey installed, I'll put that on now and see if there's any difference.

• Upvote 1

Ran monkey and it reported no updates, I had all the latest versions. Used it to reinstall the firmware and drivers anyway, for a laugh, and no change.

Cracked open Reaper and ran through all the different drivers, here's my report.

Input and Output both working as they should:

• WDM
  • ASIO
  • WASAPI (Exclusive Mode)

Input not working, Output hangs with a continuous noise.

• Direct Sound
  • Wave Out

So, apps that use WDM, ASIO or WASAPI are working. Apps that use Direct Sound or Wave Out are not.

e.g. Skype playback is fine, recording is not.

Oh, and it completely nukes Audacity, no sound devices available at all, not even motherboard onboard sound.

• Upvote 1

Output now works but only on 16bit 48000Hz.

Input does not work.

Haven't got monkey installed, I'll put that on now and see if there's any difference.

THANKS! Changed output to 16bit 48000Hz and I have sound! Will test ins and outs later!

• Upvote 2