Photo

When Playing Valve Amp Line 6 Hd 100 Turns Itself Off For A While And Then He Turns

problem line6 valve hd100

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Darecki1000

Darecki1000

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:34 AM

when playing valve amp line 6 hd 100 turns itself off for a while and then he turns

#2 esibanjack

esibanjack

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

It’s most likely overheating, which appears to be a not-to-uncommon problem with these amps. Aiming a small fan through the back of the amp might take care of the issue, or there are other fixes that can be found on this board if you need something more drastic.

#3 SSstormtrooper

SSstormtrooper

Iknowathingortwo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

I wrote about this once before but I never implemented as I don't use my HD100 mkii very much anymore but it seems like a good idea for people using it lots.

For about 15 dollars on amp part sites an original Marshall amp head vent grill can be had. Then one would just have to carefully cover the guts with an old sheet or cloth and cut the new slot in the Line6 head.

I think it is 19 inches for the one I was looking at and measured the SpiderValve head and it would work perfectly.

To me the location of the tubes in the HD100 and the plexiglass screen basically turn it into a super heated lizard terrarium, even with the grill in the back.

Sure old tube amps have no vents but they are all rock solid construction of wires,tubes and a transformer, no silicon diodes, chips and digital apparatuses that are highly susceptable to extreme heat.

Just an idea, or easier, point a fan at it as mentioned above lol. Cheers

#4 OmeRoon

OmeRoon

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

I am currently trying to fix this very same problem. Follow my progress here: http://line6.com/sup...-mod-questions/

Also check out this very clear video: 

Check out my band: http://www.3rdmachine.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users