Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Buying a used M20D

Hello.

Thought I would ask the group... there are a couple of M20D's in my area selling at a significant discount. Can anyone point out any common problems that I should look out for. I have browsed the forum and see there are some input issues, some over heating issues. I may just buy a new one, but my experience is you can have just as many problems with new gear as used.

Thanks in advance for any helpful hints.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I have had an M20d almost since it came out, & I have used it with some fantastic results....well I think so ;-)

I have had issues with SD cards not being read by the machine ....which is ongoing.....& once a staff member at a venue killing the power at the end of a gig before I had stopped the recording....which resulted in no TOC being recorded to the card & as a result a card full of audio but no way of reading it....not a Line6 fault.

The Auto Trim inputs work great & I have never had a problem with distortion.......... have abandoned the App, which is great during rehearsals & sound check but I haven't used it much during a gig...................Most of the stuff here was recorded with the M20D & might be of interest       https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC597bta4Cil18tOCQ90rFrw

I hope this has been of some help

All the Best

Thanks for the comments.Your videos sound great. Equipment does not get in the way of your great performance in any way. I rented an M20D for a video a few years back and was impressed with it. We are looking for gear that will allow us to setup for a gig in the tiny amount of time that we are allowed these days between the supper crowd and the partiers so this should fit the bill nicely. I am always a little nervous with the newer electronics when it comes to sturdiness.

Cheers