Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500X switching patches via MIDI (FL Studio)?

PatrickWard

I've been searching all day, but I cannot figure out how to switch patches via MIDI through FL Studio for the POD HD500X. I read an article (http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/03/08/rigged-within-the-ruins-guitarist-joe-cocchi/) where WithinTheRuins would trigger patch changes to their AxeFX via MIDI.

What notes should be sent from an MIDI Out automation clip to trigger the change? Is there a specific port/channel that should be used? Has anyone done this through FL Studio?

I have some understanding of how MIDI works, but obviously not enough. The advanced HD500X guide did not seem to document this functionality. Most of what was explained and shown online is HD500X sending MIDI out, not receiving MIDI in.

I have seen people do this through ProTools and it looks pretty easy, I have had no luck trying it in FL Studio. Has anyone done this before? Thanks for any help!!