3 replies to this topic

#1 wahwahferrar

wahwahferrar

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:04 AM

When I turn the L2T on and it's horizontal, it starts in floor monitor mode (as the manual says it should). However, when it's vertical it also starts in floor monitor mode, regardless of what mode it was in when switched off. Is this correct behavior or this the accelerometer incorrectly saying the unit is horizontal when it is in fact vertical?

Just got it today - very impressed so far.

#2 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

I have the same problem.

I'm told that I nearly always stay in my "horizontal" mode for far too long after getting out of bed.  :wacko:

Seriously, though, I think it's "normal" for any miniature gyro system to use a little time to get up to speed.

#3 wahwahferrar

wahwahferrar

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

Huh? No, I don't think it's got anything to do with time. Do you know what mode it's supposed to be it when it's powered on in a vertical orientation?

#4 RonMarton

RonMarton

Power User

• Line 6 Expert
  • 1276 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia.

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

Are you kidding ?

I have enough trouble knowing what mode I'm supposed to be in when I wake up !  :huh:

Aah, ...seriously, though, ...I should have explained my "theory" a little better ...and I do NOT know

...what mode it's supposed to be it when it's powered on in a vertical orientation?

I'm sure, however, that one of the Line 6 guys will provide that info as soon as they're back on line.

My earlier reply was (and indeed, this one is) simply drawn from my experience of other such systems ...and was (is) only submitted with a view to possibly providing some interim reassurance. 

That ongoing experience to which I refer has led me to largely ignore any such display anomalies that might immediately appear upon the initial power-up of any firmware-based gyroscopic system for inertial guidance.

In other words, if your ears tell you that your StageSource L2T eventually settles on a "sound" that's appropriate to its orientation, I reckon that all is almost certainly well, unless the Line 6-ers come back to us from their weekend and say otherwise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users