Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Part 5 in my video series on the HD500X now uploaded and updated

PeterJH

Hi everyone,

I've just uploaded Part 5 in my series on the HD500X.

This part demonstrates the HD500X plugged into the front end of a Marshall TSL602 amp. I also touched on how I match my patch levels in a live situation.

I've tried to get as close as possible to the sound that was in the studio and I think that I did achieve this.

The link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=2ZnRDj4GceM

Cheers,

Peter.

• Upvote 4

sounds good Peter but you didn't touch on how to set up your amp.  What channel is best? How do you set the tone stack?  All the critical stuff you need when going into the front of an amp if you want to keep your POD tones...  ;)

sounds good Peter but you didn't touch on how to set up your amp.  What channel is best? How do you set the tone stack?  All the critical stuff you need when going into the front of an amp if you want to keep your POD tones...  ;)

Yep, good point. I've corrected it in the description on Youtube.

For the benefit of the forum, the POD was plugged into the clean channel of the Marshall and the amp was completely clean.

All the dirt came from the POD patches.

Thanks, Radatats.

• Upvote 1

Sorry everyone.

I've gone back to the video edit and included some footage of the amp settings and a small clip of what the amp sounded like without the POD in the chain.

I feel that this is a far better way of showing how to set up the amp for the POD.

I will upload the video as soon as it's finished.

It should be in the next 24 hours.

Once again thanks Radatats for pointing it out.

Cheers.

Peter.

• Upvote 2

Can't wait to hear the new video - thanks again for all the hard work you put into these!

I noticed that part 4 hadn't been uploaded to your website yet - were you planning to upload it there?

When you do, were you also planning to upload any of your new model-pack patches? Those sounded fantastic!

Ok, the video has been uploaded again with the extra info in this time. The link is in my first post.

@ redmonda thanks for the comment. I will update my website with the new videos. I just haven't had the time.

I hope to get stuck in next week.

Cheers.

Peter.

• Upvote 2

Ok, the video has been uploaded again with the extra info in this time. The link is in my first post.

@ redmonda thanks for the comment. I will update my website with the new videos. I just haven't had the time.

I hope to get stuck in next week.

Cheers.

Peter.

Very good video Pete! Thanks doing such a good series of videos on this subject. Cheers!

Very good video Pete! Thanks doing such a good series of videos on this subject. Cheers!

Thanks for the comment, Brazzy.

It's my pleasure. I hope that they're helping to get the best out of this unit.

Unfortunately it seems that interest in the HD500X is dropping off with the announcement of Helix....

I must say that I'm still very happy with mine.

Thanks for the comment, Brazzy.

It's my pleasure. I hope that they're helping to get the best out of this unit.

Unfortunately it seems that interest in the HD500X is dropping off with the announcement of Helix....

I must say that I'm still very happy with mine.

Your shared experience is surely helping me with a better attack at the guitar all around. If it weren't for this forum and the internet I would be in the dark.

I'm happy too and going to be using my HD500 for a long time to come, lol. I'm not going to get a Helix right away if at all. I like it but it's out of my price range at the moment, lol. Besides I like the tone I get now and as my fingers cooperate better and playing improves, the tone thing becomes not as critical.

• 2 weeks later...

Peter.  First off, I want to thank you for those informative videos.  I actually stumbled across them, and your downloadable patches yesterday.  The info on setting the parametric eq is amazing, and has helped my tone, (which I've bitched about internally), immensely.  I would like to thank you very much for the in depth explanations, and demonstrations.  I was happy with my 500x, but after your videos, and patches, I have not only eliminated the tone suck of the pod, but I've done some minor tweaking to match the pickups on my guitar, and am quite satisfied with the sound now. :)   Thanks again.  

Peter.  First off, I want to thank you for those informative videos.  I actually stumbled across them, and your downloadable patches yesterday.  The info on setting the parametric eq is amazing, and has helped my tone, (which I've bitched about internally), immensely.  I would like to thank you very much for the in depth explanations, and demonstrations.  I was happy with my 500x, but after your videos, and patches, I have not only eliminated the tone suck of the pod, but I've done some minor tweaking to match the pickups on my guitar, and am quite satisfied with the sound now. :)   Thanks again.

Thanks for the feedback, leftstrat. I'm glad that they've helped you.

Cheers,

Peter.