Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

drag from folder, win7

panaman

has anybody had and solved this problem:

sometimes i cannot drag files (h5e) from a folder into edit.

dragging the same file to the desktop 1st, it will then be accepted by edit from the desktop, but still not from a win7 explorer window.

never had this occur with standard files in standard folders 

I have had this happen when files are in a zip folder. --- just unzip, or as you said, drag somewhere other than the zip folder. Then drag into EDIT. 

I have had this happen when a file extension was renamed from an extension that wouldn't work in the machine --- at the same time, I can drag files with bad extensions into EDIT as long as they were originally a file that can work. 

For example, i found a site that had 100,000 files. But for some reason all extensions were changed to something EDIT wouldn't recognize. BUT the files that were HD500 files could be dragged into EDIT even though they no longer had a working extension. 

The same can be said in reverse, if you change l6t to h5e, it won't work. 

And I have run into files that are actually imported into EDIT, but because of the window you are using, they aren't where you dropped them. They are in the position that is active. --- that is a programming choice (not error) in the EDIT software.