Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How long did it take for your custom Warmoth neck to be delivered?

Yes, that scared me off as well (and cost Warmoth a sale).  Turns out that they actually have a variety of pre-built necks in stock and available for immediate shipment.  If that had been made more evident I'd have one on my JTV-69 instead of the Mighty-Mite I ended up with.  Warmoth is doing themselves no favors in the way the website is setup.

I ordered a neck and body for a Variax300 about three years ago. Don't know if it needed any special painting. I received it quite promptly, about three weeks if I recall for both neck and body in tobacco burst.

Thing is that notice of delivery times is rather ambiguous. 'Painted items'? What does that mean exactly, lol. Are standard sort of neck finishes a 'paint job', or does that refer to guitar bodies? Or are necks considered hardware, lol.

I forgot to check out Mighty Mite. Was gonna go for Stew Mac but chickened out as them being much less expensive and therefore might need fretwork after the fact.

Btw, I sprung for stainless steel frets. Never used that before. Might be interesting. Fingers crossed, hehe

FWIW, I bought a compound-radius Mighty-Mite neck from StewMac.  I expect any new neck to require fretwork and factored it into my planning.  After the guitar was back together I shipped it to Weber Guitars in OH for Plek leveling.  Plays great!

Thing is that notice of delivery times is rather ambiguous.

I think that's because some of the "in stock" necks have the final finish already, and others are unfinished, allowing you to choose. Mine was unfinished...took about 3 weeks for them to finish it and ship.