Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD XT LIVE select knob does not work PLEASE ADVISE

hey everybody! My first time here! hope this is the correct thread.

i bought a variax 700 this past saturday to go with my trusty POD XT LIVE . all my line 6 software is installed, the variax and POD xt live have been updated. everything is just "gravy".
well, almost. the "select" Knob under the left side of the screen does not spin freely anymore like its counterpart "effects" button on the bottom right. not exactly STUCK, just feels like its, IDK, gummed up, hard to turn. The "effects" knob spins freely and you can feel each little "tick" or "click" if you will. not so with the "select" knob.
Also, while the "select" knob does kinda work (it does change items on the screen), you really have to fiddle with it. its not dependable at all.
i know this unit must be out of warranty. i dont have the reciept. i discarded it loooong time ago. i do have my receipt for my variax. What could i try to fix it? would some electronics cleaner spray work on a problem like this? i have worked on electronics before, specifically computers and guitar wiring. i know my way around a soldering iron very well. if it could not be "Cleaned", could it be replaced? i would imagine it would have to be desoldered and then a new pot soldered back in its place. is there a part number and where could i find it on line?  what would the cost of replacing it be more or less? shame radioshack went out of business.

found this part here. dont know if its the right part. i havent opened the pod xt live up yet so i have no clue: http://www.fullcompass.com/product/405728.html

thanks in advance