Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

What Online Retailer will get Helix 1st?

JC-Tonequest

I preordered mine thru Musicians Friend because I already have a MF card. Originally their site said expected to ship 08-17. Now it says 09-04.

American Musical Supply says expected 07-21. They also say they are a Certified Helix dealer.

Can Digital_Igloo tell us which retailer they are shipping to first? AMS, SW, MF, SA?

I would be stunned if any of them had any more than a days difference in release date.  I would expect Line 6 to have pretty tight control on that just to manage the marketing campaign that will be tied to the release.  Nobody is getting a month early on the rest, guaranteed.  On a side note, my sales engineer at Sweetwater was telling me Line 6 was there last week doing a huge Helix demo with hands on for all the guys and he was blown away...  If the dog and pony show is on tour, they are probably pretty certain of a release date...

The only thing that anyone (inside or outside "the circle") will be able to tell you with any certainty is "it'll get here when it gets here". Any other response is blind guessing, wishful thinking, or outright lying...just like any other hotly anticipated product. Ask ten different sources, and you'll get ten different answers...most of which (if not all) will turn out to be wrong anyway.

I've just been told "4 to 5 weeks out" as of today. The way things go, I'll assume 5 weeks at a minimum and say it looks like current estimate is week of August 17 for shipment to the stores. I hope I'm not laughing at this post the end of September, but we've all been there before, right?

I wonder what the hold up is?
Are they having trouble producing them or something?  Hell, in the amount of time it's taking...they could have already built a new manufacturing plant. lol

Just wondering.
Seems like they already have several of them floating around.

I wonder what the hold up is?

Are they having trouble producing them or something?  Hell, in the amount of time it's taking...they could have already built a new manufacturing plant. lol

Just wondering.

Seems like they already have several of them floating around.

No hold up... They've been saying end of summer all along. The ones that are around are prototypes/beta units, not units from a full production run. This is pretty much how manufacturing works. You wouldn't start doing a huge production run until you're certain everything is in order.

I don't believe anyone :-)

Launch day my Sweetwater rep said July. I preordered from Musicians Friend and the original expected delivery date was 8/17. I just received an email update a few days ago of 9/11 - more time to save my pennies. Makes you wonder if anyone really knows - or even cares as much as us :-)

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Do all the resellers get a small number as soon as they are available? Do "preferred" resellers get more earlier, etc? Don't know that anyone at Line 6 could divulge that information anyway. I guess we'll see when they start showing up and people report in.

Makes you wonder if anyone really knows - or even cares

No one knows with absolute certainty. This will not stop any number of people from professing to know, however...for any one of a thousand reasons..."inside" sources, "trusted" friends, relatives, or sales reps, or because they read it in tea leaves, or the Ouija board said so, or visions inspired by recreational pharmaceuticals, etc etc.

The first batch of Variax Standards sat offshore because the guys running the port thought a strike would be fun. There are more reasons for a target release date to come and go with no product, than there are stars in the sky. When it shows up at your front door, or the showroom at your local Mega Huge-O-Riffic Music Emporium....then we'll all know they've been released.

President and founder of Line 6 Marcus Ryle says Helix pedal will ship next month, August, and the rack a few months later... see 7:47 mark

Lol...well that leaves just 31 glorious days for everyone to speculate on. Place your bets! It's better odds than roulette! I'm gonna go with the 17th @ 11:18 AM PST.
  • Upvote 1

President and founder of Line 6 Marcus Ryle says Helix pedal will ship next month, August, and the rack a few months later...  see 7:47 mark

Hey now, how about that. Now Marcus and I both say August. While he didn't qualify his answer, I still say "subject to change" haha.

President and founder of Line 6 Marcus Ryle says Helix pedal will ship next month, August, and the rack a few months later...  see 7:47 mark

Well, technically he said they EXPECT to ship next month, August, and the rack, PROBABLY a few months later;-)

Maybe I read too much into that but I take it to mean there are some dependencies on other sources/suppliers/etc. that don't have committed dates that are set in stone at least enough for him to be able to actually speak to a definitive a ship date - which is completely understandable. It could ship later or perhaps, if things go well, even earlier.

It's interesting to see how companies handle these launches. Maybe they could open Line 6 stores and give an exact date and we can spend the night standing in line hoping they don't run out before it's our turn. :)

Nothing's changed. Helix is on track to ship by the end of summer; Helix Rack and Helix Control will be available sometime this fall. If something changes, I'll let you all know.

Helix rack not available until sometime this fall? I had the impression they were release simultaneously. Well if this doesn't suck Line 6 Monkey app balls I don't know what does. Boo sir, boooooooo.

Nothing's changed. Helix is on track to ship by the end of summer; Helix Rack and Helix Control will be available sometime this fall. If something changes, I'll let you all know.

Lol...and now begins the official debate on what "by the end of summer" means. Is it August 31st? Labor Day? The first day of school (if so, in what part of the country),the first day the local temp dips below 75?

It's not hard to understand why nobody knows. There are a million variables, involving countless people, all doing different jobs. It'll get here when it gets here.

Wanna cut down on the whining? Make the "official" release date 3 months later than your most conservative estimate. Then everybody will be pleasantly surprised at the "early" ship date. Of course, the inevitable result of this strategy would be the blaming of the first confirmed bug on the "rush to ship a product that wasn't ready"...choose your poison, lol. I don't envy your position...you guys can't win. ;)

I don't believe anyone :-)

Launch day my Sweetwater rep said July. I preordered from Musicians Friend and the original expected delivery date was 8/17. I just received an email update a few days ago of 9/11...

I just received an update email from MF. New ETA for mine is 9/18 - well at least it's no longer 9/11.