Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Pro Vs Vetta 2 Amp Sims

AJScott

Hey guys, i've been a long time user of the Vetta 2 HD and I've been thinking about getting myself a POD HD Pro and a power amp, for recording and live. Mainly due to the fact my Vetta it seems is on it's way out, only from years of abuse and constant gigging and being thrown around in vans and whatnot. I like the idea of rackmounting a POD and a power amp, a lot smaller setup. But my question is regarding the amp simulations on the POD, is the preamp  similar to that of the Vetta? 

On my Vetta, for clean tones I use 2 amps mainly, the Line 6 Piezaacustic 1, Fender 65 Twin Reverb. Does the POD have these? and for distortion i'm using the ENGL Powerball and Mesa Triple Rectifier models. 

Thanks 

i do believe it has a fender twin... but no acoustic amps (1 acoustic pre-amp though)

the modeling is technically superior and my opinion is audibly superior than their earlier models...

but i don't own a vetta and never have.... i do understand that it was a high end implementation of that earlier modeling....

so it's probably pretty good in it's own right....

can't answer definitively.... up to your ears.

i do believe it has a fender twin... but no acoustic amps (1 acoustic pre-amp though)

the modeling is technically superior and my opinion is audibly superior than their earlier models...

but i don't own a vetta and never have.... i do understand that it was a high end implementation of that earlier modeling....

so it's probably pretty good in it's own right....

can't answer definitively.... up to your ears.

Oh god, the other guitarist in my band has a 6505 and in my opinion my Vetta sounds better, hopefully the POD should be able to stand up to it. Another question, anyone have any reccomendations on power amps to use? Must be able to do 16 ohms mono, but ideally being able to do 4, 8 and 16 is best

the DT amps are pretty awesome with the pods... pretty much a modular vetta 3 (of course you need 2 DTs to do stereo)

I'm staying tube free, I'm going to be getting a POD HD and a power amp. I don't need the DT25/50, it's cheaper going the POD and power amp route than buying 2 DT's and a POD anyway.

true.

they do have the L3 and L2 speakers which aren't tube and can be used similarly.

they are somewhat pricey as well, but once you consider the price of an amp and comparable speakers they may not be too far...

anyway... just something you might want to lay eyes on while you're researching.

I'm staying tube free, I'm going to be getting a POD HD and a power amp. I don't need the DT25/50, it's cheaper going the POD and power amp route than buying 2 DT's and a POD anyway.

Hey guys, i've been a long time user of the Vetta 2 HD and I've been thinking about getting myself a POD HD Pro and a power amp, for recording and live. Mainly due to the fact my Vetta it seems is on it's way out, only from years of abuse and constant gigging and being thrown around in vans and whatnot. I like the idea of rackmounting a POD and a power amp, a lot smaller setup. But my question is regarding the amp simulations on the POD, is the preamp  similar to that of the Vetta? 

On my Vetta, for clean tones I use 2 amps mainly, the Line 6 Piezaacustic 1, Fender 65 Twin Reverb. Does the POD have these? and for distortion i'm using the ENGL Powerball and Mesa Triple Rectifier models. 

Thanks 

I had a Vetta II and now I have an HD500 with a powered PA speaker, the HD sounds roughly 10 bajllion times better to me than the Vetta ever did.

The one thing you will be lacking from the Vetta is the Piezacoustic option, but for acoustic guitars there are other options in the HD.

For the Twin Reverb and the ENGL and Mesa distorted tones the HD versions blow away the Vetta IMHO.

I have a Vetta (I upgraded to II) head going to a Marshall 1960a 4X12 cab - Celestion G12T-75 speakers.  I also have a JC120 and ran my HD500 (studio output) through the power amp section of it and compared both setups in the same room at the same time using two Variax's.  I found that I (and the two people I was with) were very surprised at how close the two sounded to each other.  We were only comparing amps with no effects.  And in regard to the twin we thought the HD500 was superior.  I would say, given johnnyayy's post and what me and my guitar playin' friends experienced, you can't go wrong with the HD.