Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Two Instances Of Same Effect HD Pro(X)

newholland

Hey gang!

Just have a quick question for you. I'm dangerously close to buying a HD Pro X to use as a clean preamp and effects processor. So, what I want to know is if you can have say, a stomp box set up for Pitch Glide and then, on down the effects chain, another instance of the pitch block set up for a mild detune or maybe even a traditional pitch transposer. Also, on the 'X' version of these units, have Line 6 made it so you can select a cabinet model WITHOUT having to also engage an amp model?

Thanks for your time!

Ray

You can have multiple instances of the same effect. The only limitation is the total DSP available. But you should be able to use two of the Pitch Glide blocks without any problem. As far using the cab modeling without the amp modeling, no you can't do it. Selecting no amp will disable the amp block completely.

Thank you for the answer, much appreciated! :) Ok, so, the next thing I'm wondering about is related to midi cc's. I'm planning to use the HD Pro X with my Rocktron All Access because I like more advanced midi control. So, my question is: Can I set up a midi cc to toggle between two amp/effect chains in the HD Pro X? Say, for example, I have a clean amp and effects chain set up as my left/side 'A' and, on the other side I have a crunch/dirty amp and effect chain set up for my right/side 'B'. I'd like to be able to toggle/switch bettwen the amp 'A' and 'B' chain using midi cc's I program and send from the Rocktron All Access. Basically, the way you could do way back when with the Amp 1&2 buttons on the FBV Longboard with a Vetta. Is there a full/advanced midi cc reference chart for the HD Pro X anywhere I can download?

As I understand it, if you toggle between dual rigs, you can achieve spillover on your delays/reverbs so long as you stay within the preset you're currently playing. Is this correct?

Again, thanks for all your help!

Cheers!

Ray

• Upvote 1