Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd Pro, Midi Problem With Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro And Gcx

Kaoticus86

Hi,

I need some help connecting up the Line 6 POD HD PRO to the Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro and GCX switching system.

I have the GCP running off phantom power from the GCX and the midi is connected like,

GCP -> GCX -> POD Pro -> GCP

The problem I have is that separately all modules work fine. I can use the GCP to control the HD Pro and I can use the GCP to control the GCX as per the user's manual. However when I connect everything up into a full rig the GCP and the HD Pro go haywire.

The GCX active LED shows that there is continuous midi data being sent through it. normally on a program change the active LED will flash for a second then remain lit. The GCP Display starts to flash random characters and the button LED's all flash randomly.

The POD Pro LED Display also starts switching between random presets. Turning everything off returns all modules to normal operation.

I have tried changing midi channels for all modules and resetting everything to factory defaults. I have also tried the factory preset for Line 6 gear that is pre installed on Voodoo Lab gear.

Any Help is greatly appreciated. I can probably link video if requested.

Cheers,

KS