Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD500X. Half of LCD screen stops working.

pfogelman

I just purchased a POD HD500X last week. It only has a few hours of use and I am losing half of the LCD screen randomly. All of the firmware is up-to-date using Line6 Monkey. I have submitted a ticket about it, but I'm not sure how long it might be before a response and can't do much once I am back on shift at work. I can probably just bring it back to where I purchased it to get a replacement, so I was hoping I might be able to get a little more insight a little quicker here so I don't have to wait another week. I was just curious if this is a known issue or not. I haven't been able to find anything about it that is similar to my situation. I can't force it to happen and it will reset if I unplug the unit and let it discharge before plugging it back in. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. 

There have been previous reports of glitchy displays. It's often a symptom of a failed/failing external power supply. I would try bringing it back to where you purchased it and test with a different wall-wart that they likely have on hand (make sure it is a match to the existing one). If the power supply is not the problem then I would ask for a replacement device.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was kind of expecting it to be something like this, since it comes back after discharging the unit. I'll just go get it exchanged and hope another won't have the same issues rather than spend my weekend troubleshooting electronics, I get enough of that at work.