duncann

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2755 posts
  • LocationWI
  • Registered Products:2

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:00 AM

Sure can. I was able to have two treadplates and three smart hamonies. DSP limit reached when trying to add a fourth. The HD500 should be able to run at least one treadplate and one smart harmony. Something things wrong if you can't.

#162 NucleusX

NucleusX

Gear Head

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:17 PM

Come to think of it, isn't there particular MFX pedals out there that automatically reduce sampling resolution/quality

as the DSP load increases towards its full capacity ? I'm sure they exist, not that it matters anymore. And I'm certain

these units don't allow any manual control over this process, it's an automatic process that occurs in the background.

I'd dare say this a feature within static allocation architecture's, as opposed to the POD HD's dynamic DSP allocation ?

#163 Falcao_Rocks

Falcao_Rocks

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Registered Products:1

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:51 AM

Sure can. I was able to have two treadplates and three smart hamonies. DSP limit reached when trying to add a fourth. The HD500 should be able to run at least one treadplate and one smart harmony. Something things wrong if you can't.

Hi Duncann, thanks a lot mate.

I must confess I'm impressed by the result of your test.

I can't figure anything wrong with my HD500 but it is fact I can't build a patch of tread and smart harmony.

Smart Harmony perfectly works with other amp models.

I'm seriously considering to update to HD500X immediately.

Regards,

Falcon

#164 edstar1960

edstar1960

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1664 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Registered Products:7

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:55 AM

Falcao_rocks - Are you just adding one treadplate model and one smart harmony and hitting the DSP limit?  Or do you have other fx blocks allocated in the same patch?

I can't see why the HD500 would not be able to have the treadplate model with the smart harmony - if they are the only things in the patch.

#165 Falcao_Rocks

Falcao_Rocks

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:09 AM

Falcao_rocks - Are you just adding one treadplate model and one smart harmony and hitting the DSP limit?  Or do you have other fx blocks allocated in the same patch?

I can't see why the HD500 would not be able to have the treadplate model with the smart harmony - if they are the only things in the patch.

Hi Edstar1960,

I started I new patch from the scratch and added treadplate. I can add any other effect but not the smart harmony.

Maybe there really is something wrong with my unit (it was purchased beginning of 2011).

Regards,

#166 duncann

duncann

Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2755 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:23 AM

Try building the patch in a different patch location.

Try doing a global reset (hold down the left arrow while powering on), followed by a pedal recalibration (right arrow while powering on).

If that doesn't do anything, backup all your custom patches, and reflash the firmware without keeping your custom patches when the process asks you. After the reflash, do a global reset, then a pedal calibration. Now try and build the treadplate/smart harmony patch.

#167 Falcao_Rocks

Falcao_Rocks

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:59 AM

Hi Duncann

I think it definetely worths trying.

I'll do it and give you a feedback.

Unfortunately it will take a few days because my hd500 also have some issues with the usb connection (and I need it to keep my patches).

I'm gonna fix it soon but not right now because I have rehearsals twice a week.

Thanks again.

#168 edstar1960

edstar1960

Power User

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1664 posts
  • LocationUK
  • Registered Products:7

Posted 02 July 2015 - 01:25 AM

Falcao_Rocks, I have just created a patch on my HD500 with the Treadplate and Smart Harmony and saved it without any problem.  I have attached it to this entry for you to try if you want.

If it still fails then I think you need to try Duncann's suggestion to reset the unit.

Good luck.

Attached Files

#169 Falcao_Rocks

Falcao_Rocks

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:28 AM

Hi Edstar1960!

You rock man! I really appreciate your help.

I'm going to fix my HD500 usd and try to load your patch. If necessary I'll try duncann's suggeston about resetting the unit.

You guys make this forum increadably helpful.

As soon as possible I'll let you know the results.

Regards,