Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Old amps

aerosol_d7

Hi guys

Seeing the list of amps of legacy products, we see many amps that are currently unavailable on pods helix etc. Why? Low definition ? Is there any reason that l6 couldn't just port the way they are ( even if is lower quality) to have more options? Sorry if this has been asked but I'm new to this, started with pod hd. When I see pod x3 amp list, I feel that there is a strong reason they did not keep REmodelling or porting.

After installing the model packs, I felt there was a fair set of amps that where ported over to the POD HD.

I'm guessing there's a balance to be struck here. Too many ports and people start complaining about the

point of having a HD unit filled with lower resolution amps and the value concerning it. Apparently they

modelled the new HD model pack amps with the Helix modelling and then ported them to the POD HD.

It's like having an HD T.V. and watching old black and white movies.  Yeah they're classics but only a small group of people do it.

I'm having a hard time understanding how you can't get what you need with the available amp models.  Maybe it's your pickups. They make a big difference.

I'm not complaining, just want to know the reason.

Joel, so if I ask L6 they would say: we left em out because they are not popular as others?

Has nobody ever asked this question? If it is quality or time or simplification....I won't argue.

After installing the model packs, I felt there was a fair set of amps that where ported over to the POD HD.

I'm guessing there's a balance to be struck here. Too many ports and people start complaining about the

point of having a HD unit filled with lower resolution amps and the value concerning it. Apparently they

modelled the new HD model pack amps with the Helix modelling and then ported them to the POD HD.

Good point, marketing you think?

The past is the past, if it is bad or not just say non-hd, non-hx. But people would benefit having more.

Or maybe those were based on the ones that are in hd with some eq'ing etc