Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

JVM 410c with hd500x (using in similar way tc g system), is it possible... Thanks

jediboab

Hi guys, I'm looking at getting a hd500x (instead of the tc g system), i know you can set it up as effects only, i.e. switching off modeling..,can it be set up so that the bottom 4 rows act as amp channel switching for me amp, with the top row acting as on/off for predefined effects (in a similar way to the g system), or even have each button act as a preset (e.g. switch 1 clean amp channel, with compressor and reverb... Click switch 2 and it's channel 3 on the amp, with delay and phaser...

Will there be much tone loss or latency in channel switching???

Cheers guys.

You should be able do accomplish this via MIDI. The JVM can learn MIDI CC messages from the POD. I used to do this same thing with my JVM 205H. It works very well. All you do is this:  (after you connect a MIDI cable from the POD to the JVM)

1) On the POD, navigate to a channel other than the one you are trying to currently set.

2) on the JVM go to the first channel you want to set up and press the "Footswitch MIDI Program" button until is is blinking.

At that the JVM is ready to accept the MIDI message from the POD

3) press the pedal on the POD you want to activate the channel the JVM is currently on. The MIDI switch in the JVM will blink fast and then that's it. You can now call up that channel on the JVM by pressing the pedal you assigned on the POD. Step one is very important.

• 1 year later...