Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500 Update problem

rockhard619

Hey Guys,

I have a HD500 which I tried updating from flash memory v2.32 to v2.62 today.
Everything was okay and it said 'Update Successful'.
But my POD was stuck at the Line 6 Screen and line 6 monkey said that there is an unknown version of flash memory installed. 
When i try to update it again, it gives me Error Code 80007211 Response timed out or whatever. 

Booted in Safe Mode and tried to update, and the screen is darkened and I get the Line 6 logo and it says Update Flash.
It updates and then the same issue i.e Update successful and then stuck at Line 6 logo.

I eventually tried to rollback the firmware, which it did, but now it's constantly rebooting with the darkened screen issue.

I also just noticed that the USB port seems to have been broken. Attaching pictures of the same.

Please advise. I have had no issues with my unit so far.

Regards,
Paraj Kumar Singh

post-827863-0-28953300-1438408244_thumb.jpg

post-827863-0-96136800-1438408273_thumb.jpg

post-827863-0-84706600-1438408338_thumb.jpg

post-827863-0-59428100-1438408384_thumb.jpg

If you're good with electronics and have the right equipment, you could try fixing it yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlY3sV4UXk4

Otherwise, if you can get it replaced from wherever you bought it, or get it fixed by an authorized Line 6 service center, or other place that can repair electronic equipment.

• Upvote 1

Hey guys,

So I replaced the USB Connector, but to no avail. I guess the chip needs to be replaced. My city doesn't have a Line 6 Authorized service center but there's a guy I trust who should be able to do it. Where can I find the chip and what is it called? It would be perfect if someone could give me the tech specs of it or link me to something.

Also, if you guys could look at the picture of the screen I've attached and tell me if it could be a chip problem, that would be really helpful.
P.S: My laptop is connected to the POD via USB and it still works as a speaker device/interface. All the sounds on my laptop are playing via the POD through the monitors connected to it.

Thanks and regards,
Paraj

Hey guys,

So I replaced the USB Connector, but to no avail. I guess the chip needs to be replaced. My city doesn't have a Line 6 Authorized service center but there's a guy I trust who should be able to do it. Where can I find the chip and what is it called? It would be perfect if someone could give me the tech specs of it or link me to something.

Also, if you guys could look at the picture of the screen I've attached and tell me if it could be a chip problem, that would be really helpful.

P.S: My laptop is connected to the POD via USB and it still works as a speaker device/interface. All the sounds on my laptop are playing via the POD through the monitors connected to it.

Thanks and regards,

Paraj

From the above videos description on youtube:

The chip is ONLY manufactured by hifiic:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321111754843?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Ummm... something sounds wrong here... If you fixed the broken USB port on your HD500, and you now conclude you need to replace the USB controller chip, the unit should not still be working as a soundcard when connected to your laptop, as this happens as a digital communication between your 500 and your laptop... This tells me they are in fact communicating. Before you go to the expense and trouble of a controller chip please examine the usual suspects in the USB problems (discussed often on these forums). Some times has to do with pc drivers, etc., etc. I'd recommend you rule those typical issues out way before going the controller chip replacement route....

My 2 cents....

Dave