Photo

Help! My Pod Hd 500 Does Not Sound Good On My Monitors (bx8d2)

pod hd500 pod hd monitors

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Blackjack94

Blackjack94

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

hey guys! 

this is my first post in the community, please excuse my poor english. i will try my best: 

Recently i decided to upgrade my humble "home studio", i used to play a lot with my pod hd500 through my headphones for several months but i just bought a good pair of monitors with a very natural response 2 months ago specially for play guitar at considerable volume and a very clear sound.  

The tone with my headphones (shure shr820) is good (not great) i can notice the different options of the EQ, but when i play with my monitors my metal/rock tone sounds weird, fizzy, muddy and without "body". Sounds metallic like a cheap pedal. im really dissapointed, because i thought i was going to have killer tone with so much power and cool dynamics in that expensive and really big pair of monitors. i cant see where is the problem. i tried a lot of customTone patches, same problem. 

My setup: 

Schecter hellraiser c1 fr ------> Pod hd500 ---(XLR)----> M-Audio BX8D2 Monitor Speaker pair. (they have only 1 level knob)

Output: 

Studio/direct

Firmware 2.10: (i reinstalled it a lot of times for see an improved sound)

My pod is connected to the monitors with XLR Cables, should i try normal 1/4 cables or 1/4 to xlr?

I really like my pod hd500, but it sounds really weird. 

Thank you!

#2 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4993 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:04 AM

What monitors do you have?

Do other sources sound OK on your monitors?

Make sure you are not turning the Master up too much on the POD HD.

#3 Blackjack94

Blackjack94

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

What monitors do you have?

Do other sources sound OK on your monitors?

Make sure you are not turning the Master up too much on the POD HD.

I have a pair of M-Audio BX8D2. The music sounds great, but the pod tone is really weird like i described. Thank you

#4 Triryche

Triryche

Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 4993 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

I thought you mentioned which monitors you had!!

I re-read your post like 5 times and couldn't find it, long day!! :o

Try to set the level on the monitors to ~75% (or possibly more once you get a feel for them)  and keep the Master on the POD very low. Then control the volume with the POD's Master.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users