Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help! My Pod Hd 500 Does Not Sound Good On My Monitors (bx8d2)

Blackjack94

hey guys! 

this is my first post in the community, please excuse my poor english. i will try my best: 

Recently i decided to upgrade my humble "home studio", i used to play a lot with my pod hd500 through my headphones for several months but i just bought a good pair of monitors with a very natural response 2 months ago specially for play guitar at considerable volume and a very clear sound.  

The tone with my headphones (shure shr820) is good (not great) i can notice the different options of the EQ, but when i play with my monitors my metal/rock tone sounds weird, fizzy, muddy and without "body". Sounds metallic like a cheap pedal. im really dissapointed, because i thought i was going to have killer tone with so much power and cool dynamics in that expensive and really big pair of monitors. i cant see where is the problem. i tried a lot of customTone patches, same problem. 

My setup: 

Schecter hellraiser c1 fr ------> Pod hd500 ---(XLR)----> M-Audio BX8D2 Monitor Speaker pair. (they have only 1 level knob)

Output: 

Studio/direct

Firmware 2.10: (i reinstalled it a lot of times for see an improved sound)

My pod is connected to the monitors with XLR Cables, should i try normal 1/4 cables or 1/4 to xlr?

I really like my pod hd500, but it sounds really weird. 

Thank you!

What monitors do you have?

Do other sources sound OK on your monitors?

Make sure you are not turning the Master up too much on the POD HD.

I have a pair of M-Audio BX8D2. The music sounds great, but the pod tone is really weird like i described. Thank you

I thought you mentioned which monitors you had!!

I re-read your post like 5 times and couldn't find it, long day!! :o

Try to set the level on the monitors to ~75% (or possibly more once you get a feel for them)  and keep the Master on the POD very low. Then control the volume with the POD's Master.