#1 murderthefrail

murderthefrail

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:07 AM

Dear community

I got a problem with my Line 6 POD Studio UX2, Win 7/x64 on my PC, the output sound from the ux2 device is horrible (monitors output and headphones output both of them) distorted as hell and cracked all the way. I tried everything, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling pod farm, updates, altering buffer size, bit rate, disabling sound card, disabling network card, different usb cables, different usb ports and all that stuff, i even installed the pod on a laptop and also sounds really bad. My speakers are not the problem since they work fine from the sound card output, (sounds bad with headphones too) also i tried different output jacks for my speakers (tried 3 of them but no luck) im buying new jacks today to see if that's the problem.

I just wanna record some music for my band i will appreciate your help.

Thanks

#2 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5073 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:54 AM

What type of speakers/monitors do you have?

#3 murderthefrail

murderthefrail

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:00 AM

Selectron PC Speakers with a subwoofer, the input is a mini-jack so i need a bigger jack to attach it to end of the speakers cable in order to work in the pod cause the monitor and headphone outputs have bigger holes.

#4 murderthefrail

murderthefrail

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

I was forgetting something. I also tried and recorded my guitar with the bad sound output just to test my sound card output, the thing is that after recording my guitar i plug my speakers in mi pc sound card and the recording sounds really great, the real problem hear is the monitor/headphone outputs, cause i cant hear what im recording with clarity, maybe there's a way setting up the output sound from my sound card while recording? that would be great i guess

#5 murderthefrail

murderthefrail

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

What type of speakers/monitors do you have?

Selectron PC Speakers with a subwoofer, the input is a mini-jack so i need a bigger jack to attach it to end of the speakers cable in order to work in the pod cause the monitor and headphone outputs have bigger holes.

I was forgetting something. I also tried and recorded my guitar with the bad sound output just to test my sound card output, the thing is that after recording my guitar i plug my speakers in my pc sound card and the recording sounds really great, the real problem is the monitor/headphone outputs, cause i cant hear what im recording with clarity, maybe there's a way setting up the output sound from my sound card while recording? that would be great i guess

#6 Triryche

Triryche

Uber Guru

• Line 6 Expert
  • 5073 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

My guess is you have the Output of the UX2 to high while the volume of the PC Speakers are too low.

Try turning the speakers to ~75% or more with the UX2 Output very low and slowly increase the output.

#7 murderthefrail

murderthefrail

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

My guess is you have the Output of the UX2 to high while the volume of the PC Speakers are too low.

Try turning the speakers to ~75% or more with the UX2 Output very low and slowly increase the output.

I already tried messing up with the volumes but didn't work either but i ma keep trying, any other recommendations?

Thanks for replying

#8 jbannerman

jbannerman

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

Hi.

I have the same issue and cant work it out. The output for monitoring is crackling, but much better on the recorded track.

Anyone find a solution / answer?

Thanks

Justin

#9 Verdigo

Verdigo

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

Try unplugging the USB cable and plugging it back in?

#10 jayrok

jayrok

Just Startin'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

THE GOOD: 

I've been using my Line 6 UX2 device for that past 4 years. No problems at all. Thing was kick lollipop and recorded vocals and GTR's very well. 

THE BAD: 

All of the sudden For the past 2 month I have been experiencing this issue with distorted playback. Its very random no rhyme or reason why or when it happens. I could be going along just fine then all the sudden the sound takes a a lollipop and goes to hell. Squealing distorted noises fuzz that make me what to rip my ears off. I have tried EVERYTHING. I just dont get it. Very Frustrating when trying to be creative..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users