Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

X3 Live Button Malfunction

karnifecks

Apparently the search function on this forum is pretty bad, as I was only able to find 2 or 3 threads regading my issue.

Some of the buttons on my X3 live have stopped working, mostly on the left side of the board. i.e. bank up/down, switch A & B & stomp. The rest work (even the tone 2 button)

The other guitarist in my band has almost the exact same problem with his, so I've got to assume this is really common?

Any suggestions on an easy fix? One thread suggested contact spray on the buttons and pressing the buttons repeatedly to work the spray down into the switch?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

"One thread suggested contact spray on the buttons and pressing

the buttons repeatedly to work the spray down into the switch"--- please

don't do that. I will leave residue on the insides. And some of those contact

cleaners are bad on plastics.

Log a ticket in your account, get a return authorization. It should be serviced

by a Line 6 authorized service in your area so they can check a few things.

"One thread suggested contact spray on the buttons and pressing

the buttons repeatedly to work the spray down into the switch"--- please

don't do that. I will leave residue on the insides. And some of those contact

cleaners are bad on plastics.

Log a ticket in your account, get a return authorization. It should be serviced

by a Line 6 authorized service in your area so they can check a few things.

Thanks for the suggestion. But this thing has been out of warranty for quite some time.

Unless this is an issue that Line 6 will fix free of charge, I need to find a way to fix this myself. Anyone out there have success with a fix??

Follow the suggestions above.  If it cannot be rectified through suggestions above you will have to open the unit and reattach the green board the internal buttons sit on.  They were originally glued in place (not strapped or screwed) and the glue has dried out and allowed the small push-button/green board to detach.  Probably 10-12 screws 4-5 on the back of the unit, 4-5 near the bottom foot pedals.

Be careful of loose parts and small springs etc. AND DO NOT PERFORM ANY OF THIS WHILE THE Unit IS PLUGGED IN. Do not skimp on a cheap glue gun or cheap glue. And do not expect this to be the first time you will have to do this.

Follow the suggestions above.  If it cannot be rectified through suggestions above you will have to open the unit and reattach the green board the internal buttons sit on.  They were originally glued in place (not strapped or screwed) and the glue has dried out and allowed the small push-button/green board to detach.  Probably 10-12 screws 4-5 on the back of the unit, 4-5 near the bottom foot pedals.

Be careful of loose parts and small springs etc. AND DO NOT PERFORM ANY OF THIS WHILE THE Unit IS PLUGGED IN. Do not skimp on a cheap glue gun or cheap glue. And do not expect this to be the first time you will have to do this.

Yeah, based on the research Ive done, that's what it sounds like. Thanks for the help.