Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

DT 25 / HD500 Send Return problem

maurotex

Hi,

i'm trying to connect the DT25 with HD500 in a send return loop, but when i try i can't hear any sound.

Maybe i'm going bad with some connections but it seems to me the right way...

- guitar cable in the INPUT in of the DT25

- a jack to connect the send of the DT25 to the return of HD500

- a jack to connect the send of the HD500 to the return of the DT25

...i'm doing wrong something?

You trying to do the 4 cable method with this?  Personally with that combo I would just use the L6 link. One XLR cable and done. POD takes care of all amps switching for your that way and you have more choices. The 4 cable is typically used where you want the guitar amp pre-amp stage and just use the POD for effects only. On the L6 link the POD models become the preamp (the DT25 installed ones are supposed to be the same as selected ones in the POD).

But if you really want the 4 cable method so use the POD as stand alone amp instead of integrated one.

Guitar in -> POD HD500x

POD HD500x Eff send -> DT 25 guitar in.

DT25 Eff send -> POD HD500x Eff return

POD HD500x 1/4 left out -> DT 25 return.

You will have to the put effects loop in the POD on the patch somewhere. It will represent the amp so put ur effects before/after the effects loop as seems best to you. Typically turn off the POD amps as the DT will now run them solely without using the POD as the pre-amp stage, just effects.

First check whether you get sound from the DT if you connect the send to the return with bot cables you are using to connect to and from the HD.

If both cables work you have an HD problem, if one of them does not work the cable is broke, if both don't work you either have a DT plug problem or both cables are broke (unlikely).

If the HD is the problem check the send with something else than the DT (powered speaker, headphones, etc.) Maybe just check whether you any output with headphone out.

What output do you use (effect loop send or normal L/R out)?

Make sure Line 6 Link is not connected on DT. If it is your DT gutar input does not work

Also, once you figured it all out try Palico's advice and see what you like better

Good luck,

Martin

as stumblinman said, Send of DT25 to Guitar In of POD - but - take either 1/4 out from POD back to Return of DT25.  There is no need to use an FX block at all.

The real question is why in the world would you want to do this? You gain nothing since the preamp modeling in the DT is EXACTLY the same as in the POD.  If you just want to avoid the L6 link for whatever reason, just go guitar in to the POD and POD 1/4 out straight to the DT25 Return.  Skip the DT25 for everything except the tube power section.

Better still, as Palico said - USE THE L6 LINK!!

Connect from Send of DT25 to guitar input of Pod, not Pod effects loop return. Then use send from Pod to return on amp.  Make sure you have the FX Loop block in the Pod signal path, and make sure it's on.

Yes the solution was to connect from Send of DT25 to guitar input of Pod, thanx m8,

as stumblinman said, Send of DT25 to Guitar In of POD - but - take either 1/4 out from POD back to Return of DT25.  There is no need to use an FX block at all.

The real question is why in the world would you want to do this? You gain nothing since the preamp modeling in the DT is EXACTLY the same as in the POD.  If you just want to avoid the L6 link for whatever reason, just go guitar in to the POD and POD 1/4 out straight to the DT25 Return.  Skip the DT25 for everything except the tube power section.

Better still, as Palico said - USE THE L6 LINK!!

Is so strange to talk about this question m8, but i still haven't know perfectly how the L6 link works. I mean, is not so simple as it appear, how the DT25 and the POD manages the patches.

Don't know why sometimes i made some beautiful patches and i love the sound i obtain from this connection, but after few days the same patchs sounds different.

It seems just like some parameter of the patches changes in a misterious way, dunno.

But if i memorize the patches in the POD is possible via the DT25 to change permanently some parameters that the POD can't manage?

Sorry but this problem make me crazy and frustrating about L6 connection. It would be so nice...