Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

POD HD Desktop (Bean) & Software availability?

Red_Strat1

Howdy, I'm new to electric guitars, Amps and effects, having bought a Squier Strat & Roland amp in July.

I've just bought a used POD HD Desktop (bean) but it's yet to be delivered. Sounds like an incredible device - I was once the Pod 2.0 and it was pretty good!

I'd be grateful if someone can assist with the following questions:

Is the POD HD desktop (bean) still sold new? Is it still supported (ie with software updates etc...)

is there a current lull in available software online? Is more coming up?

Are there other ways to access new Amps?

And any general tips for someone new to elec guitars and an HD? maybe get used to pre-sets first before too many new sounds / downloads?

thanks a heap in advance for advice.

CS

not sold new.... still supported with software upgrades, and even has availability to get the new model packs.

Thanks a lot for this TRZ - still navigating around all the downloads and support available - a tad overwhelming but exciting to this former very basic acoustic home guitarist!! (Patience eh?)

Love the HD Bean myself and the only thing to look into is picking up a FBV controller. I use an older MKI (as I already had it and don't use the looper). You don't need the model packs to get great sounds but after you have learned the device's ins and outs it is something to consider. Just take it slow, read a lot of the forums older posts and be sure to ask questions.

Welcome to the forums too btw!

-Bill

And any general tips for someone new to elec guitars and an HD? maybe get used to pre-sets first before too many new sounds / downloads?

I found the POD HD Guide by MeAmBobbo absolutely invaluable. Without it, I would still be blundering around in the dark instead of getting the tones that I want. There is a great deal of information to work through, so treat it as a project rather than a quick fix, but it is IMO an essential for any new user.

You can still find them new on eBay.  I bought a second one off eBay that said B Stock new in box.  I've never used it (or registered it) other that turn it on and put it back in the box.  I'm considering selling it if you're interested.

Hi all,

A big thanks for your welcome/advice...

Joel: thanks for your interest - Ive actually just bought an HD Desktop on Ebay here in Oz. So now its a few days wait & then try the thing!

Suspect I'll be doing as much reading as using at first - whic is fine!

It's frustrating at first, but in a good way.

Some basic tips:

1) Set Input 1 to guitar and Input 2 to Aux

2) Try different Input Impedance Settings, lower number is a darker sound

3) The 4 Cable Method can work on the Desktop but I would first try Studio Out into the FX Return of an amp or Sound System.  Then experiment with other methods to see which one you like the best.

4) Be prepared to spend a LOT of time learning the different ways to configure and tweak everything.  You WILL find something you like the best but there's so many different ways to configure this thing that it will take a while.

5) The presets kind'a suck.  Don't let that discourage you.

Suspect I'll be doing as much reading as using at first - whic is fine!

Red_Strat1

I have never had so much fun with a piece of kit as with the PodHD. If you get up to speed with MeAmBobbo's tone guide as I suggested above so you have an idea what you are doing, you will have a total blast with this thing. Best tone toy ever ;-)