Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can i use pod 500x as multieffect in fx loop and as an audio devise at the same time?

asher5017

Hello

My mesa boogie is connected to a torpedo live cab sim.

Can i connect the 500x into the fx loop of my amp using it as a multieffect. And at the same time connect the torpedo out into

The 500x and use it as an audio interface?

The chain should be somthing like this.:

Guitar- mesa boogie - pod 500x (in fx loop as multieffect) - torpedo live cab sim -pod 500x as audio interface- computer (cubase

Is it possible to run 2 signals through the pod without intruption or quality loss?

I THINK you should be able to do it like this.

Guitar - MB - POD Guitar IN (input 1 guitar, keep all your effects in Path A, mixer panned hard left and right) - POD L 1/4 out - MB - TL - POD Aux IN (input 2 AUX). Be sure to put a dummy jack in the POD R 1/4 out to prevent the L 1/4 from summing both channels.  You could try the XLR but I think their signals will be too low for your amp.  XLR is mic level, 1/4 out is line level.

In your DAW you will record ONLY the Right channel in mono.  That should take your signal all the way through and into your DAW for recording.  You may have to adjust signal strength with your mixer levels but it SHOULD work.