Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD 500x decided to crap the bed. Help!

Palico

My Pod HD500x is coming up in the system mode. the one where you set the pedal calibration. I tried a system reset doesn't respond to that just comes back in the same mode. Not recognized on USB for reflash that way. I do have MIDI to USB device for the DT amp, if we could reset this way. Figure this is a flash corruption but I don't know how to fix it?

What happens when you hold the down arrow while powering on? Which is a sort of forced flashing mode.

@hurghanico - lol at the nothingness avatar.

when I hold the left arrow down it will constantly reboot.  If I hold the down arrow while booting it comes up and says "Update Flash".   I think the button being stuck seems logical but I can't seem to un-stick it.

the thing you reported above here is a good sign..

try reflashing in that moment

Okay how? it doesn't not detect across the USB even when it's comes up that way? Can I reflash via midi? I have a USB to MIDI I got for my DT25 if it can be done that way.

if you can try also reflashing from another computer... some times security softwares, firewalls, updates, etc. could cause communication problems between devices

hmm I tried from a different machine and discovered the USB is sort of working. The machine sees the device but the driver shows a failure. Maybe the this problem really is hardware and not software. That would suck, think for me maybe time to head back analog. They break too but are easier to get fixed. Got a support ticket open and will follow up with a call tomorrow. thanks for trying anyway.

Just and update for anyone that reads the post later looking for answer. This unit is truly dead. We had a close lighting strike happen while I was using the unit. That is the likely cause of what killed it. I had used it afterward the strike but that seems the likely cause of the problem. Myself I'm keeping my DT25 (was unplugged at the time so it was saved) and going to back to pedals. The HD500x was good machine but I can't see replacing with another unit right now with Helix being the successor coming out soon. 

• Upvote 1